ccw or in the open - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ccw or in the open

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clearsights's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 402
Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

and when a casual criminal see's an open carrier in their sight... what do they do but go to a less well defended location.

The open carry sites are filled with successes.

Show me one, just one OC that was taken out for OC.
This also goes against any training that I've ever seen from military, law enforcement or private citizens with more actual experience in such situations then 99% of those on forums.
__________________
clearsights is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktarr1015 View Post
I have called the local pd and the courthouse and they didnt know. I have a tn carry permit which allows both and the other day i was stopped by a ga deputy sheriff in civilian clothes @ walmart and he said i had to carry concealed....
So, there's no open carry in your state?
__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
The element of surprise may be the ONLY thing that keeps you safe in a SD situation. As others have said, open carrying puts a big target on your back. Even in movies, who do bank robbers take out first? Yep, the security guard with a gun.
I can't remember a mass shooting where some open carry guy got hit. There's a reason those nuts go looking for gun free zones to get all crazy at.

On a personal note I do both open or concealed. I do believe there are occasions when it's best to hide it. But that has more to do with time and place. It's not good to go to Chucky Cheese with a full size 1911 sticking out and scaring kids. I can't remember a single time where I was looked at like a target because some bad guy seen my weapon. I will admit that I do like it under wraps when around larger crowds though. But like I said that has more to do with not upsetting some kids or Obamaphile and make someone call the cops on me. Because even though I"m allowed to do so if police are called I"m still the man wit ha gun. And I would imagine that an officer being called to a location in that situation will be a little tense. And I do no like nervous people with guns. Cops or otherwise.
__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,034
Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I can't remember a mass shooting where some open carry guy got hit. There's a reason those nuts go looking for gun free zones to get all crazy at.

On a personal note I do both open or concealed. I do believe there are occasions when it's best to hide it. But that has more to do with time and place. It's not good to go to Chucky Cheese with a full size 1911 sticking out and scaring kids. I can't remember a single time where I was looked at like a target because some bad guy seen my weapon. I will admit that I do like it under wraps when around larger crowds though. But like I said that has more to do with not upsetting some kids or Obamaphile and make someone call the cops on me. Because even though I"m allowed to do so if police are called I"m still the man wit ha gun. And I would imagine that an officer being called to a location in that situation will be a little tense. And I do no like nervous people with guns. Cops or otherwise.
Reference your first paragraph. This is because MOST people who except the responsibility to be armed have enough commons sense to carry their PPD concealed while in public places!!!
__________________
JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,609
Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
If I am in the woods OC . The rest for me is CC. Don't care to draw the attention or cause the anti's to get all a flustered or some newbe leo a chance to do something stupid. Plus I am simply very use to CC'n with 27 years of doing it.
Ditto, sans the 27years experience.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MyRawTalent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

I say keep it concealed but that's just my opinion I'm sure not everyone will agree.

__________________
MyRawTalent is offline  
JimRau Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,287
Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Why draw attention? Your business is your business.

__________________

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

BigB is offline  
JimRau Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #38
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,075
Liked 852 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Default

I work for a municipality and my job takes me through all the municipal buildings (except the school) and I CC every day with no issues ever.
The only reason to open carry in public IMO is to draw attention to ones self something that could be detrimental to ones health!

__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
JimRau Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 2,793
Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Show me one, just one case you know this to be a proven fact--not hearsay or "stories" on some forum--
Nice strawman
__________________
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Nice strawman
Wat i thought
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
My first day open carrying ZombieBrawler Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 41 06-15-2012 01:46 PM
open cary in mi. BRAD313 General Handgun Discussion 6 05-25-2012 01:05 AM
Open carry or not partdeux General Handgun Discussion 37 10-07-2011 11:51 PM