ccw or in the open - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ccw or in the open

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

and when a casual criminal see's an open carrier in their sight... what do they do but go to a less well defended location.

The open carry sites are filled with successes.

Show me one, just one OC that was taken out for OC.
This also goes against any training that I've ever seen from military, law enforcement or private citizens with more actual experience in such situations then 99% of those on forums.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #32

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktarr1015 View Post
I have called the local pd and the courthouse and they didnt know. I have a tn carry permit which allows both and the other day i was stopped by a ga deputy sheriff in civilian clothes @ walmart and he said i had to carry concealed....
So, there's no open carry in your state?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #33

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
The element of surprise may be the ONLY thing that keeps you safe in a SD situation. As others have said, open carrying puts a big target on your back. Even in movies, who do bank robbers take out first? Yep, the security guard with a gun.
I can't remember a mass shooting where some open carry guy got hit. There's a reason those nuts go looking for gun free zones to get all crazy at.

On a personal note I do both open or concealed. I do believe there are occasions when it's best to hide it. But that has more to do with time and place. It's not good to go to Chucky Cheese with a full size 1911 sticking out and scaring kids. I can't remember a single time where I was looked at like a target because some bad guy seen my weapon. I will admit that I do like it under wraps when around larger crowds though. But like I said that has more to do with not upsetting some kids or Obamaphile and make someone call the cops on me. Because even though I"m allowed to do so if police are called I"m still the man wit ha gun. And I would imagine that an officer being called to a location in that situation will be a little tense. And I do no like nervous people with guns. Cops or otherwise.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I can't remember a mass shooting where some open carry guy got hit. There's a reason those nuts go looking for gun free zones to get all crazy at.

On a personal note I do both open or concealed. I do believe there are occasions when it's best to hide it. But that has more to do with time and place. It's not good to go to Chucky Cheese with a full size 1911 sticking out and scaring kids. I can't remember a single time where I was looked at like a target because some bad guy seen my weapon. I will admit that I do like it under wraps when around larger crowds though. But like I said that has more to do with not upsetting some kids or Obamaphile and make someone call the cops on me. Because even though I"m allowed to do so if police are called I"m still the man wit ha gun. And I would imagine that an officer being called to a location in that situation will be a little tense. And I do no like nervous people with guns. Cops or otherwise.
Reference your first paragraph. This is because MOST people who except the responsibility to be armed have enough commons sense to carry their PPD concealed while in public places!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #35

Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
If I am in the woods OC . The rest for me is CC. Don't care to draw the attention or cause the anti's to get all a flustered or some newbe leo a chance to do something stupid. Plus I am simply very use to CC'n with 27 years of doing it.
Ditto, sans the 27years experience.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I say keep it concealed but that's just my opinion I'm sure not everyone will agree.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Why draw attention? Your business is your business.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

JimRau Likes This 
Old 10-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #38
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 852 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 383

I work for a municipality and my job takes me through all the municipal buildings (except the school) and I CC every day with no issues ever.
The only reason to open carry in public IMO is to draw attention to ones self something that could be detrimental to ones health!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JimRau Likes This 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Show me one, just one case you know this to be a proven fact--not hearsay or "stories" on some forum--
Nice strawman

Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #40

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Nice strawman
Wat i thought

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET