CCW Holsters - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW Holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Have tried both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
What about a SmartCarry or formerly known as a Thunderbelt? Anyone ever use this one?
The Smart Carry is about as perfect as it gets, not too hot and can be positioned anywhere arounf your waist. The Thunder belt is about the same just much hotter and for big bellied guiysd like myself, feels like a girdle.
The Smart Carry is my preferance and it holds both a Gun and extra Mag or light, etc in the second pouch pocket. I consider it the best CC device I have tried for really CC, acress, however takes practice but is easy once you get used to it.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I had one those Thunder belts. And yes,it's like a girdle. I gave it to my uncle for his bad back. It seems to work.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #13

Blackhawk CQC for my Glock.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:12 AM   #14

Did a lot of research on these sites. Decided on the Crossbreed Super Tuck. Carry a Kimber Pro CDP II. Nice. Don't need or have the "large box of holsters under the bed."

Old 08-26-2007, 06:32 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've got holsters from Milt Sparks, Alessi, and Brommeland, and have nothing but praise for them.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
What holster(s) do you use?
I try to send the ones I do not like back - or sell them very quickly.

The ones I like or love are the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe, Comp-Tac's MTAC, Desanti Nemesis, BlackHawk CQC w/Serpa, Galco X-Project - Crossbreed comes out on top - but all decent holsters. I modified the X-Project by cutting off the adjustable straps that went across the chest and back and installed elastic - it works better and is more comfortable. I also slightly modified the Blackhawk by cutting off the tab on the paddle that made it difficult to remove from the pants - still has the retention tabs under the belt. I have purchased other holsters - but those are either returned or sold. I guess we need to start a thread titled "What holster do you not use".

Old 08-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #17

OK, dumb question, what is the difference between IWB and OWB in reference to carrying concealed? Is it inner waistband and outerwaistband?

I'd like to see pics of some of these holsters being mentioned. I'm not CCW permitted YET but besides the education on carrying, wanted to get educated on the logistics of carrying. Pics of holsters on your person would REALLY help!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern6er View Post
OK, dumb question, what is the difference between IWB and OWB in reference to carrying concealed? Is it inner waistband and outerwaistband?
The in the waist band (pants) has an outer clip, The outside the waist band has the clip on the inside. IWB, for me,is more concealable,less bulge. As long as it's not visible,it's concealed. You might also want to avoid 'printing' as it's sometimes called. You don't really want to let others get the idea your carrying. If you google up holsters,you will find a lot of pics.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #19

El Paso Saddlery's Pocket Max holster for my Mod. 60.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 AM   #20

Main: UBG Canute IWB
Other: Don Hume H721OT OWB
Desantis speed scabbard OWB

All of them work great.