CCW with handcuffs? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW with handcuffs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Zombie- that is a pic of Woody's tummy. He joined our happy band when he was recuperating at Ft. Eustis VA, and has now medically retired. Woody- you know we call that the "I fergot to duck" medal ?

If you should make it back here to VA, give me a shout, we'll go shoot something.

Re: carrying handcuffs. IMHO, bad idea. First if you have not been trained on them, you can get hurt. BADLY. Second, if I have had to draw on you, I am NOT getting close enough to touch you- or have you touch me.

Re: Legalities- a CCW permit does not grant nor expand arrest authority. Arrest by a private citizen WILL vary state by state. We have a couple of attorneys that are members- do not see any of them posting in this thread.

If you do not have a law license, please refrain from offering legal advice.
I call it enemy marksmanship badge personally

Old 07-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Leave the cuffs in the bedroom nightstand were they belong

Old 07-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #33

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

You have to be trained in the operation and use of handcuffs,you may think "how hard can they be to use?" i know, but there is training for them and like C3 said, they can be dangerous if used improperly. EXAMPLE: if im a halfway intelligent BG and i see that you are gonna "attempt" to cuff me, i will "let" you apply one cuff then im gonna use the loose cuff as a weapon on you. Also if you are carrying around cuffs and you shoot somebody, it will be brought up in court "against you", and like already stated,you should never be that close to a BG. I just dont reccomend private citizens to carry handcuffs.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 07-17-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Kinda creepy besides

Old 07-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #35

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As a civilian you need to leave the cuffs at home. As an off duty LEO I don't even carry a set on my person. I do have a couple sets that stay in my vehicle though...but for the civilian CCW holder I recommend leaving them at home.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War