Is CCW constitutional - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Is CCW constitutional

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I always defend the 2nd Amendment publicly, and because I know that we're all on the same side here, I allow myself to ask a tricky question that would be hard to defend
I live in Chicago and I know some rough neighborhoods with a lot of uneducated people who admire violence and would kill for a quarter. Now people can always get guns illegally if they wish; however if Illinois no longer required a permit, wouldn't it make it easier for people like that to get guns and make unlawful use of them? Because the problem I see with a city like Chicago (or any other major city) is that the average person will buy a gun not with the intent of killing someone, however all the uneducated ones who want to get one to fulfill their gangster dream who before only had the black market available to them now have the entire legal market at their disposal. Wouldn't that put the average person more at risk? All it takes is a bullet...

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Last edited by 2ndAmendmentFreedom; 05-02-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #32

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Default Criminals already carry and use guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
I always defend the 2nd Amendment publicly, and because I know that we're all on the same side here, I allow myself to ask a tricky question that would be hard to defend
I live in Chicago and I know some rough neighborhoods with a lot of uneducated people who admire violence and would kill for a quarter. Now people can always get guns illegally if they wish; however if Illinois no longer required a permit, wouldn't it make it easier for people like that to get guns and make unlawful use of them? Because the problem I see with a city like Chicago (or any other major city) is that the average person will buy a gun not with the intent of killing someone, however all the uneducated ones who want to get one to fulfill their gangster dream who before only had the black market available to them now have the entire legal market at their disposal. Wouldn't that put the average person more at risk? All it takes is a bullet...
The criminals and would be criminals don't care about obeying the law in the first place. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to think that law abiding citizens who desire to exercise their God given right of self-defense should be able to carry the most effective means to do so.

On the flip side, it seems very unreasonable to me to deny those law-abiding citizens the lawful authority to carry the most effective means for their own personal protection on the flawed argument that doing so might cause more criminals to carry guns.

The people who tried to warn the legislators in every state that has passed CCW laws that doing so would lead to gun fights in the streets like the old west. In reality the reverse has been the case. The violent crime rates have gone down, and have been going down nationwide instead of up in recent years. If more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens caused more violent crime the reverse should have happened and the violent crime rates should have increased.

Criminals fear being shot by armed citizens far more than they fear the police.
There's a very good reason for that, there are far more armed citizens in this nation than there are police officers. According to research done by Criminologist Dr. John Lott that he cited in his book, "More Guns, Less Crime" private citizens use a firearm more than 2 million times each year. He testified before the SCOTUS before the Heller decision was made.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #33

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

CCW is totally legal under the federal government with no carry permit-exept,who lives in this federal government outside of any state?NO ONE!So we have to follow stupid state laws on carry.I almost think if there were no gun laws at all let alone carry laws this world would probably be a better place.I mean,a dad like me that respects laws and can't get a ccw because my state won't let me,won't be carrying when I need to clean up a lil scum off the street-but the criminal that don't give a %^&* about laws will carry reguardless.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 AM   #34

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

The folks in DC don't live in a state and have the most restrictive firearms laws I've ever heard of. Of course, if I was one of those ass hats in Congress I'd want it illegal for anyone to have a gun within 2 miles of me. Except of course for the hired thugs I paid to walk around with me.