Ccw colorado
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ccw colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Default Ccw colorado

I'm taking my ccw class this week, I know I have to go to my sherif but what else do I have to do and how long till I get my card? Any feedback from colorado ccw permit holders would be appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I think (despite the fact that there are very specific rules in the state regs) that alot depends on the local sheriff. I showed up at mine, explained I was a competitive shooter, and he simply asked me to show him a certificate of some recent training I had taken. With that and the proper fees (if I recall it was about $100 or so for the BCI and $50 for his office at the time some years ago? Don't quote me on that) I had my card in about 6 weeks.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #3

I was pretty lucky. Signed papers, got fingerprints, took picture and walked out with a permit. I get fingerprinted for my hazmat license, which probably sped things up. I know a lot of counties are back logged right now with the increased demand for licenses.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 AM   #4

Liked 1859 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

I put in for my renewal back in the first week of November. It is not in yet. I called the sherrifs office. They said it is taking about 9 weeks now. For Mesa County you need a class that has instuction on self defense law. Most counties dont require that. But my wife went to a class that lasted a couple of hours. She got hers pretty quick. Mine only took about 3 weeks the first time. But they are quite busy right now.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #5

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Thanks everybody for all your input!!!