Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CCW class

I just moved from GA where $20 and no felonies got you a CCW license. I now live in SC where 8 hours of training is required. Not necessarily a bad thing since my wife wants to take it to and for some reason she can't listen to any I say

Anyone have an instructor suggestion in the Lexington/Columbia area? I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Jay

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

You should be able to find an NRA instructor reasonably close to you here...

NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 09-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #3

Contact the Lexington County SO or go to their web site. They give an excelent CCW class for only $25 but you will have to complete your application and send it in and wait at least 90 days for the permit. You need to bring 200 rounds of ammo and SLED will do your finger prints. The class is taught by a LEO and the range qualification is witnessed by other LEOs. This is one county that knows armed citizens help decrease the crime rate.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #4

Thanks hotshot. I am currently debating applying for Lexington's reserve deputy sheriff program. Now that I think about it, this would be a good opportunity to see how they operate.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #5

You can also go on a ride along to help you with your decision. I know many of them and also have family that work there.