CCW in a bar - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW in a bar

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #71
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
I agree that breaking the law because i do not agree with it does not make me less guilty of breaking that law. But I'll give you another example to ilustrate my point which i think you missed. Where I live it is not legal to carry at Malls. Rescently there is a new trend if kidnapiings guess where?. You are right, in Malls! I have two beautiful girls. I know maybe you or someother will reply,well don't go ever again to a mall with your family and you know what, I already avoid it if i can but this is supposeed to be a free society. My point is if it ever comes to drawing my firearm to save one of my daughters or my wife, when im in front of the judge, i will not say that im “less guilty”. But I'll be glad to be dealing with criminal charges, rather than loosing one of my girls.
well let me ask you this then. how well of a job can you do in protecting them if you are in prison? how well of a job are doing in providing for them sitting in prison?

stay out the malls carrying if it's illegal then, or move somewhere else. try and get the laws changed. simply put we all have to make choices, each and everyday. but when we disregard laws and rules, then you have to be able to deal with the outcome.
Axxe55 is offline  
TekGreg Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

well let me ask you this then. how well of a job can you do in protecting them if you are in prison? how well of a job are doing in providing for them sitting in prison?

stay out the malls carrying if it's illegal then, or move somewhere else. try and get the laws changed. simply put we all have to make choices, each and everyday. but when we disregard laws and rules, then you have to be able to deal with the outcome.
I agree, to an extent. But I will say in NC, when I last lived there, it was illegal to carry in a place where you have to pay admission to get into. A movie theater comes to mind.

The Aurora, CO shooting scares me, for that reason.

Getting laws changed takes a very long time. Not everyone can move to a different state. Not going someplace because of fear of attack and because you can't carry there is impractical. Too many stores here in Kali do not allow you to carry here. And getting your permit here is durn near impossible. If most gun owners here took your advice, they wouldn't live here. Or wouldn't go to some grocery stores. Or wouldn't do much of anything. I don't have my permit, so I don't carry, but if I took your advice I would leave, when I cannot, just because I can't carry everywhere I go? It's not practical, brother.

I cite Aurora. If one person, a responsible gun owner in every other sense, had broken the law (I'm assuming CO has a similar law as NC? I don't know) and carried into the movie theater, some lives might have been saved that day.

You're right, you can't do a lot of good from prison. But if I can save my wife and daughter's lives, and spend time in prison as a result? Well that's a sacrifice some parents are willing to make.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating breaking laws. But I am saying its a shi*ty situation. And a difficult choice we all must make.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #73
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I agree, to an extent. But I will say in NC, when I last lived there, it was illegal to carry in a place where you have to pay admission to get into. A movie theater comes to mind.

The Aurora, CO shooting scares me, for that reason.

Getting laws changed takes a very long time. Not everyone can move to a different state. Not going someplace because of fear of attack and because you can't carry there is impractical. Too many stores here in Kali do not allow you to carry here. And getting your permit here is durn near impossible. If most gun owners here took your advice, they wouldn't live here. Or wouldn't go to some grocery stores. Or wouldn't do much of anything. I don't have my permit, so I don't carry, but if I took your advice I would leave, when I cannot, just because I can't carry everywhere I go? It's not practical, brother.

I cite Aurora. If one person, a responsible gun owner in every other sense, had broken the law (I'm assuming CO has a similar law as NC? I don't know) and carried into the movie theater, some lives might have been saved that day.

You're right, you can't do a lot of good from prison. But if I can save my wife and daughter's lives, and spend time in prison as a result? Well that's a sacrifice some parents are willing to make.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating breaking laws. But I am saying its a shi*ty situation. And a difficult choice we all must make.
i am simply playing devil's advocate on this discussion and pointing out things i see.

in a perfect world, every LAC would be able to carry open or concealed anywhere they so chose to carry at any time of day with no restrictions. personally, i wish it were this way.

but breaking the law is still breaking the law, regardless, (gotcha there JW!) of the reasons why. now i too in the instance my breaking the law would save one of my loved ones, would do it without hesitation and worry about the outcome later. deal with now, now and deal with later, later.

by no means am i advocating breaking the law, but merely pointing out some key facts. a person has to make their own choices about their lives and situations and their environment. i make my own choices and will have live with them accordingly.
Axxe55 is offline  
TekGreg Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

i am simply playing devil's advocate on this discussion and pointing out things i see.

in a perfect world, every LAC would be able to carry open or concealed anywhere they so chose to carry at any time of day with no restrictions. personally, i wish it were this way.

but breaking the law is still breaking the law, regardless, (gotcha there JW!) of the reasons why. now i too in the instance my breaking the law would save one of my loved ones, would do it without hesitation and worry about the outcome later. deal with now, now and deal with later, later.

by no means am i advocating breaking the law, but merely pointing out some key facts. a person has to make their own choices about their lives and situations and their environment. i make my own choices and will have live with them accordingly.
I agree.

And yes, breaking the law is exactly that. I hope gun owners are prepared to accept the possible consequences of their actions.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
elglockeroloko30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 109
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

well let me ask you this then. how well of a job can you do in protecting them if you are in prison? how well of a job are doing in providing for them sitting in prison?

stay out the malls carrying if it's illegal then, or move somewhere else. try and get the laws changed. simply put we all have to make choices, each and everyday. but when we disregard laws and rules, then you have to be able to deal with the outcome.
I see your point and respect it. But what is the essence of concealed carry and personal deffense?The reason to carry a firearm is not to be cool or to be more intimidating, or to be more of a man. It is a LAST RESORT to save a life. I guees carrying a firearm could take us to a no win situation but that's a risk that we, ccw permit holders decided to take. I'm all about awareness and prevention. Again, I respect your point and do not completelly disagree with you. I also see that it could be implied that I disregard the law and believe me i dont. But tragic events in which everybody loose do happen. All I say is that if someone is in that kind of situation where every posible decision implies a bad outcome but there is an oportunity to save an inocent life that's the path I'll choose. As I said in my initial post, it is up to every individual to make that decision and that depends of each individual mindset.
elglockeroloko30 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #76
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
I see your point and respect it. But what is the essence of concealed carry and personal deffense?The reason to carry a firearm is not to be cool or to be more intimidating, or to be more of a man. It is a LAST RESORT to save a life. I guees carrying a firearm could take us to a no win situation but that's a risk that we, ccw permit holders decided to take. I'm all about awareness and prevention. Again, I respect your point and do not completelly disagree with you. I also see that it could be implied that I disregard the law and believe me i dont. But tragic events in which everybody loose do happen. All I say is that if someone is in that kind of situation where every posible decision implies a bad outcome but there is an oportunity to save an inocent life that's the path I'll choose. As I said in my initial post, it is up to every individual to make that decision and that depends of each individual mindset.
i am simply pointing out facts. i am in no way condemning your choices or decisions. i simply am putting out information for you to consider and to evaluate into your thinking. this isn't about me being right and you're wrong or you're right and i'm wrong. just want you to look from a different perspective and another viewpoint.

personally i do try very hard to be objective and try and see things from all angles. this is what i am trying to do for you. i am trying to help you and others to make as an imformed decision, with as much information as possible.
Axxe55 is offline  
TekGreg Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,447
Liked 1325 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Default

I don't go places with a firearm that I wouldn't go without one. You never know where there may be danger. Might be a corner diner, it might be a gas station, it might even be, wait for it... a bar

Yes, in MI, with a CPL, you can carry in a bar. If I'm carrying, I'm not drinking. MI also has another interesting section of the law, you can put your firearm in transport mode, and legally have up to .08... but go over that magic number and DUI is the least of your problems.
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 899
Liked 162 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

first of all need to check your states carry laws concerning carrying in a bar. every state has different laws concerning this. some you can't under any circustances, some you can if you're not drinking, some you can drink but not be over the legal limit for that state, ect., ect.,,,,

check your state's carry laws. being in the wrong place at the wrong time carrying, could cost you your permit or freedom.
We need not look further than the grave yard!! The number of accidental and or aggravated assaults leading to deaths as a result of alcohol is off the charts!! Stupid needless deaths that could have been avoided if the lethal combo of guns and booze was not used!! Guys we don't need any more added fuel for the government and other opposing forces to try to take our freedoms away!! And the misuse of booze and guns together gives them plenty of fuel!! If we really Cherish the Second amendment, we can best honor it by being responsible citizens. This includes abiding by all laws even the ones we despise!!
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Great State of Jefferson
Posts: 585
Liked 437 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 914

Default

In Calif. it is against the law and you could lose your permit.
__________________
Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.
widowmaker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #80
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 899
Liked 162 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker
In Calif. it is against the law and you could lose your permit.
And they should! Drinking and driving, drinking and guns!! No difference!
mahall is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads