CCW in a bar - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW in a bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2017 Times on 1114 Posts
Likes Given: 5986

WA state has made the bars off limits to firearms, whether you are drinking or not.

I hate it when I go to a restaurant and they say, do you mind eating in the bar?

In so many places, the separation of the bar and the restaurant portion is only a low knee wall.

I might be two feet from the "Illegal zone" with all patrons in full view.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 331 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post

Read post #18, what would you do, Officer or Not?
I've always heard if you use a firearm in self defense you better be willing and able to prove to a jury that the actions you took were not effected by alcohol and the same actions would have been justified and taken if you were sober
Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #63

Liked 1137 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post

Again, I can only answer this non-plausible/theoretical question for myself, not others. You want my advice? Don't drink in public. Carry your gun with you everywhere and don't drink in public. I rarely ever drink in public because I'm required to have my sidearm on my 24/7. The entire time it's in the truck I'm thinking about it. So I may drink in public 2 or 3 times a year. Staying armed is a good way to stay sober.
You drink in public three times a year? You frat boy you!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #64

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

You drink in public three times a year? You frat boy you!
Top secret!! You don't have to drink like an idiot every weekend to try to prove your manhood!! And please don't, while carrying a gun!!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #65
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 327 Posts

Why do people ask stupid questions and start a thread about drinking and cc in bars and then never come back.
If you need to carry to feel like a man then don't carry. If the bar you go to is that bad find another bar.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

People Like This 
Old 08-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #66
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22190 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

another member made a statement last year, i don't remember who it was, but the jist of it was, don't go places armed, that you wouldn't go unarmed. seemed to make pretty good sense to me and still does.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 696 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Alcohol affects your judgment, not a good idea when carrying a firearm. If someone doesn't feel that they can go for a drink without carrying a firearm they are letting fear control them.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #68

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Here's my take; While I agree with no carry under the effects of any substance that alters cognition, reflexes, motor capacity, level of consciousnes and judgment in general, on the other side, one does not get to choose when you will have to confront evil. “Gun free zones” only protects criminals and sociopaths who do not conform with society rules. I know it may sound kind of contradictory because if you brake the law, in a sense, you may look no diferent than any ordinary felon. Lets,say for example that you work as a cashier in a supermarket where carrying a gun is prohibited. There is nothing wrong with respecting and following the rules at your workplace, I'm just trying to ilustrate the difference between the ordinary felon and the law abiding citizen who decides he will not be a victim, even in the so called “gun free zone”. If you are in your workplace, you are there because it is your duty, you are being a productive member of society. You are not there to do harm to nobody. You are not there to take something that does not belong to you. Lets say that one scumbag decides that it is easier to hurt you and take the money from you register than to earn it. You have an “ instrument” that you legally own that may or may not save your life but still, it represents a posibility or an oportunity to save your life but you cannot have it with you because some ignorant person thinks that disarming the law abiding citizens will somehow disarm the criminals. Does that make any sense? At the end it's up to every individual to make different decisions: Will you enter to that bar and still carry CONCEILED. Will you leave the gun at home, maybe in your car or in a locker. Will you rather not go to the bar? Is it worst to face criminal charges for defending your life or that of a loved one in a place where legal firearms are not allowed (because illegal ones will be there anyways), or lose your life or worst, lose a loved one, because some lowlife, scumbag decided so. It all comes to what is your midset.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #69
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22190 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
Here's my take; While I agree with no carry under the effects of any substance that alters cognition, reflexes, motor capacity, level of consciousnes and judgment in general, on the other side, one does not get to choose when you will have to confront evil. “Gun free zones” only protects criminals and sociopaths who do not conform with society rules. I know it may sound kind of contradictory because if you brake the law, in a sense, you may look no diferent than any ordinary felon. Lets,say for example that you work as a cashier in a supermarket where carrying a gun is prohibited. There is nothing wrong with respecting and following the rules at your workplace, I'm just trying to ilustrate the difference between the ordinary felon and the law abiding citizen who decides he will not be a victim, even in the so called “gun free zone”. If you are in your workplace, you are there because it is your duty, you are being a productive member of society. You are not there to do harm to nobody. You are not there to take something that does not belong to you. Lets say that one scumbag decides that it is easier to hurt you and take the money from you register than to earn it. You have an “ instrument” that you legally own that may or may not save your life but still, it represents a posibility or an oportunity to save your life but you cannot have it with you because some ignorant person thinks that disarming the law abiding citizens will somehow disarm the criminals. Does that make any sense? At the end it's up to every individual to make different decisions: Will you enter to that bar and still carry CONCEILED. Will you leave the gun at home, maybe in your car or in a locker. Will you rather not go to the bar? Is it worst to face criminal charges for defending your life or that of a loved one in a place where legal firearms are not allowed (because illegal ones will be there anyways), or lose your life or worst, lose a loved one, because some lowlife, scumbag decided so. It all comes to what is your midset.
it's very simple. if you break the law, then you are no longer a law abiding citizen. correct? trying to justify it, doesn't change it's illegality one bit.

don't agree with the current laws, then work to get them changed, but until they are changed, breaking them because you don't agree with them, then trying to justify those reasons doesn't make a person any less guilty.

any business that has a no firearms policy is allowed to do so. that's their right. don't like it, change jobs or go to work for yourself and set your own rules.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #70

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

it's very simple. if you break the law, then you are no longer a law abiding citizen. correct? trying to justify it, doesn't change it's illegality one bit.

don't agree with the current laws, then work to get them changed, but until they are changed, breaking them because you don't agree with them, then trying to justify those reasons doesn't make a person any less guilty.

any business that has a no firearms policy is allowed to do so. that's their right. don't like it, change jobs or go to work for yourself and set your own rules.
I agree that breaking the law because i do not agree with it does not make me less guilty of breaking that law. But I'll give you another example to ilustrate my point which i think you missed. Where I live it is not legal to carry at Malls. Rescently there is a new trend if kidnapiings guess where?. You are right, in Malls! I have two beautiful girls. I know maybe you or someother will reply,well don't go ever again to a mall with your family and you know what, I already avoid it if i can but this is supposeed to be a free society. My point is if it ever comes to drawing my firearm to save one of my daughters or my wife, when im in front of the judge, i will not say that im “less guilty”. But I'll be glad to be dealing with criminal charges, rather than loosing one of my girls.