CCW and Airline Travel

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW and Airline Travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default CCW and Airline Travel

Just thought I'd share my first and certainly not my last experience with flying and CCW. Flying out of Columbus, Ohio on Delta Airlines couldn't have been any easier than it was. The Delta ticket agents in Columbus and Daytona Beach, Florida couldn't have been anymore professional than they were. Declaring and checking the bag with the firearms I intended to carry while in Florida couldn't have been easier. They didn't seem to be concerned that I was traveling with firearms to carry at all. The only difference in their procedure was where the firearm declaration was placed. In Columbus, it was just put on top of the locked cases, while in Florida two declarations where signed and put into each individual locked case.

Secondly I'd like to point out that Florida was the most gun friendly state I've ever been in. Every restaurant, shop or store we had occasion to visit allowed concealed carry. I didn't see the first place that it wasn't allowed.

If you're planning any kind of airline travel, just check what their individual requirements are before you show up to check your bags. Also check out what the state and cities positions are when it comes to concealed carry. I personally have decided that I won't travel to any states that are anti-gun. Certainly don't let anti gun attitudes deter you from taking your firearms with you when you travel.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #2

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This is pretty much the exact same experience I had when flying from DFW to DEN and back. Everyone was so chill about it. But holy hell, when that little old lady tried to carry her bottle of hand lotion through TSA checkpoint, I thought they were gonna kill her right then and there.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I've had very similar experiences flying American, Delta, and Southwest out of numerous airports. I carry everywhere I go, so I always fly with my sidearm in my luggage. I've never had an issue.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

c3shooter Likes This 
Old 08-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #4

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browningauto View Post
If you're planning any kind of airline travel, just check what their individual requirements are before you show up to check your bags. .
Absolutely perfect advice. But I'll add one thing to it, if I may. Research the policy online and print a copy of it to bring with you. Just because you have done your homework and know the policy doesn't mean the guy behind the counter is up to speed regarding the rules.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

buckhuntr Likes This