Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW 9mm - which is the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #31
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2824 Times on 1938 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
The "best" 9MM pistol is the one you have on you when you need it that you actually know how to use because you have enough training to do so. I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle with good/better/best.

There are pistols that are dimensionally smaller like the Boberg XR9, but that pistol has certain types of ammo that work with it and certain types that don't.

Is it possible to re-work your concealment system for the pistol you already have?

If you like your Glock, why change the weapon if a better or different holster will be more comfortable?
Good points!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-27-2013, 02:13 AM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

me thinks the bodyguard is a .380
It is a 380 in semi auto or a 38 revolver. Great gun, but not what he's looking for.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #33
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1740 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 547

I have an SR9c and recently looked at a bunch of smaller 9's. The Kahr and the LC9 are pretty similar and I did not like the triggers on either. It came down to the XDs 9 and the Shield. I chose the Shield primarily because it was 4 oz lighter than the XDs. If I were to get and XDs it would be in 45acp. Operation is the same as my SR9c. Get a Remora holster with the full sweat shield and you are good to go. It will fit in the pocket of my cargo pants and shorts but you can wear a Remora with a bathing suit and t shirt. The other pistol I looked hard at was the Sig 938 but it was twice the price of the Shield. I have put 50 rounds of fmj followed by 50 rounds of xtp with no malfunctions.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmiller70

It is a 380 in semi auto or a 38 revolver. Great gun, but not what he's looking for.
Right. I knew there was a "BodyGuard" .38. One of my Uncles' had one for Off Duty, and My FIL had a Matte Nickel Ch. Special....and i did know that more recently they introduced the .380, and they have a .9mm Ch. Special similar to my 39/439 series...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 61

A nod to and a vote for the SCCY. Well made little gun, easy to handle and shoot (even for a less experienced shooter like me) and pretty darn easy to carry. I'm a small slim guy and I can carry most anywhere with this gun.

Couple the above with the fact that it is inexpensive and well-backed (lifetime warranty) and it is not a bad carry gun, at all.

I have really enjoyed mine and feel very comfortable with it.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc
A nod to and a vote for the SCCY. Well made little gun, easy to handle and shoot (even for a less experienced shooter like me) and pretty darn easy to carry. I'm a small slim guy and I can carry most anywhere with this gun.

Couple the above with the fact that it is inexpensive and well-backed (lifetime warranty) and it is not a bad carry gun, at all.

I have really enjoyed mine and feel very comfortable with it.
I like it! I heard the Mag springs are a bit still,..but they get broken in over time!. Nice Gun for the $$...If i got one tho i'd have to sell something else! The boss says we have too many!!!(that she can't shoot!!!)

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Newest Threads