Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW 9mm - which is the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm another vote for a Kahr CM9 (or pricier PM9) I absolutely love mine! But on a side note I don't like GLOCKS. They shoot well, just don't fit my hand right.

Also I carried a KelTec PF9 for a while and it carried awesome but it was a nightmare. Never functioned/shot well at all and the barrel lug broke with less that 250 rounds through it. KelTec has had it over 2 months even though I emailed them on week 6 (their approximate turn around) and they said it should be done soon. I'm gonna email them again this week.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:22 AM   #12

Liked 79 Times on 57 Posts

Hands down to me the lc9 is the absolute best carry pistol no doubt about it. It's the best feeling compact 9 that I've ever held and the accuracy for such a small gun is honestly immaculate.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #13

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts

I have a S&W M&P shield in the .40 and its a tad bit bulky for shorts IMO. I had this same question and chose the Kel Tec pf9
I went to my LGS and held & dry fired several small 9 mm (diamondback , SCCY, Nano) the Nano felt the best but was a little out of my price range so went for the Kel Tec
It's on layaway.... Hope it's not a lemon

Old 06-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1007 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 346

I have a Kel Tec P-3AT that I carry a lot. I also have a P-11. Both pistols fit in my pockets without any problems. The only problem I have with the P-11 is getting it away from my wife. She carries the P-11 almost every day. The P-11 was a dust catcher until I put a "white's trigger stop" on it. Since I installed the trigger stop on the P-11 it shoots one ragged hole at 15 yards. The white's trigger stop will improve the accuracy of any DA pistol with a long trigger pull.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 180 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 48

+1 for the Shield!
I have the Xds9 Bitone but i'm waiting for Raven to make the Phantom holster.. then i'll start carrying the Xds9.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Default No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Hands down to me the lc9 is the absolute best carry pistol no doubt about it. It's the best feeling compact 9 that I've ever held and the accuracy for such a small gun is honestly immaculate.
Love my LC9,..but also like the Sccy! 3 extra rounds is something to think about.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thank you all! This is great info

Old 06-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #18

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0881 View Post
I'm actually looking to get my first CCW and have heard good things about the SCCY CPX-2 2nd generation. Made in US and comes from a small family run machine shop. Under $300 for budget minded folks like me!!
A couple of months ago I had the opportunity to pick up a copy of the SCCY CPX-2 2nd gen. Thus far I have no complaints and have found its accuracy to be on par with most compact pistols. I've found it shoots to point of aim at about 10 yds, with both factory and hand loaded 115 gr, fmj and rnl ammo.

One thing of note, and mentioned in the user manual, it is NOT +P rated, so choice of ammo needs to be considered. I had only a couple of small complaints and both minor. Bottom rear of the grip, back of the magizine well, the grip didnt fit the mag. base well leaving a couple of small sharp points that dug into my hand. a bit of work with the mrs. emery board smoothed those sharp points up and made them flush fitting with the mag. base.
The other issue for me is i'd like to see a more rounded trigger. the serrated flat faced trigger will abrade the finger a little if you shoot it alot.
Over all i'm pleased with the quality and for those not familiar with the SCCY, it carries a lifetime warranty that stays with the gun.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #19

Liked 79 Times on 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

Love my LC9,..but also like the Sccy! 3 extra rounds is something to think about.
When I held the sccy the grip was way to wide for my hands

Old 06-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #20

Liked 162 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Take a look at the Ruger LC9 and the Taurus PT709.