CCW& And a 18 WHEELER - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCW& And a 18 WHEELER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

There are idiot truck drivers just like there are idiot car drivers,its just truck drivers can cause more havoc on the highway because the size of the truck.being a deputy i saw my share of inconsiderate idiot drivers,cars and trucks alike

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #62

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Everything is brought by trucks, not some things but everything. Food, your clothes, your car or truck, household items, electronics, this stuff doesnt just magically appear in walmart or wherever you bought it. Some products like cars spend multiple times on trucks, parts are made in one location and shipped somewhere else to be assembled. Even small single axle straight trucks are commercial vehicles and make up a small part of the logistics chain.

If the trucks stop rolling this country WILL grind to a halt. Think what would happen in a shtf scenario. The trucks stop, gas stations run dry, grocery stores picked clean, resturants run out of food. Without gas to run thier cars nobody goes to work, the power grid eventually goes down and so on.

Im not saying there arent idiot truckers, god knows that during my short OTR career i saw my share of stupidity at truck stops and on the road. But there are far more four wheelers on the road than big trucks and its much easier to get a regular dl than a cdl. Ive seen some pretty stupid sh** pulled by people in cars. People pull out in front of a truck and stop, cut across six lanes on the highway and nearly clip my front bumper, tailgate a trailer, hover in the huge blindspot along side the trailer, and not using turn signals (my ultimate pet piv).

We must all share the road, or die....

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 01-05-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #63

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks
Everything is brought by trucks, not some things but everything. Food, your clothes, your car or truck, household items, electronics, this stuff doesnt just magically appear in walmart or wherever you bought it. Some products like cars spend multiple times on trucks, parts are made in one location and shipped somewhere else to be assembled. Even small single axle straight trucks are commercial vehicles and make up a small part of the logistics chain.

If the trucks stop rolling this country WILL grind to a halt. Think what would happen in a shtf scenario. The trucks stop, gas stations run dry, grocery stores picked clean, resturants run out of food. Without gas to run thier cars nobody goes to work, the power grid eventually goes down and so on.
You are 110% right.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #64

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Btw...im guilty of driving like an idiot to, especially when i was younger. However since i starting driving a truck ive really got my act together and now drive alot more responsibly. I actually enjoy driving as a result. Rolling down the highway dragging a 53 footer in a truck with 600 hp and an eaton fuller 13 speed is very enjoyable to me.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #65

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm a CDL class B w/tanker endorsment (the class A hazmat drivers are waving their index fingers in circles in the air right now lol) but when I get behind the wheel of a vac con or dumptruck I take it very seriously. If I hit someone or they hit me whatever in that thing even at 25mph they're probably gonna get killed. It could be a soccer mom w/a vanload of kids just thinking about it makes me nauseous.So please you long haul guys take the min meth amphetamine you need to stay awake. Seriously I respect y'all and what you do a lot. I'm sure your overworked and underpayed . While operating trucks and 4wheelrs I've exoerienced and seen all the stupid , inconsiderate and dangerous things listed above and cautioned and explained to my wife why those things that people do who have know idea what its like to take on the responsility of operating a big vehicle are so dangerous and stupid. But as a consumer and fellow traveler THANKS for all you do , you are proffesionals and make it look much easier than it is. If it were up to me you would be able to protect yourselves from coast to coast in what is most likely your primary residence. But there is one thing that chaps my ass and go ahead and fess up cause I know damn well y'all do it on purpose out of boredom or whatever. I drive 81 a lot sharing the road with a lot of rigs. Why in the hell do y'all pull into the hammer lane and sit there beside another truck for 5mn or more at a time? You can't get up some speed and give the truck your passn a heads up that your comn around? I mean to just set there that long backn up traffic, you had enough ass to pull up and get beside him but it takes you 5 more mn to get that extra 53'? Cmon man it happens every time I drive 81 in particular! Like I said you have a deceptively hard job that most of you make look easy , and I'm prob running a little to close to your assend most of the time but I wanna reach my destination in one piece as quickly as possible just like y'all. I just picture y'all on the radio sayn watch this $hit.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #66

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTF
I'm a CDL class B w/tanker endorsment (the class A hazmat drivers are waving their index fingers in circles in the air right now lol) but when I get behind the wheel of a vac con or dumptruck I take it very seriously. If I hit someone or they hit me whatever in that thing even at 25mph they're probably gonna get killed. It could be a soccer mom w/a vanload of kids just thinking about it makes me nauseous.So please you long haul guys take the min meth amphetamine you need to stay awake. Seriously I respect y'all and what you do a lot. I'm sure your overworked and underpayed . While operating trucks and 4wheelrs I've exoerienced and seen all the stupid , inconsiderate and dangerous things listed above and cautioned and explained to my wife why those things that people do who have know idea what its like to take on the responsility of operating a big vehicle are so dangerous and stupid. But as a consumer and fellow traveler THANKS for all you do , you are proffesionals and make it look much easier than it is. If it were up to me you would be able to protect yourselves from coast to coast in what is most likely your primary residence. But there is one thing that chaps my ass and go ahead and fess up cause I know damn well y'all do it on purpose out of boredom or whatever. I drive 81 a lot sharing the road with a lot of rigs. Why in the hell do y'all pull into the hammer lane and sit there beside another truck for 5mn or more at a time? You can't get up some speed and give the truck your passn a heads up that your comn around? I mean to just set there that long backn up traffic, you had enough ass to pull up and get beside him but it takes you 5 more mn to get that extra 53'? Cmon man it happens every time I drive 81 in particular! Like I said you have a deceptively hard job that most of you make look easy , and I'm prob running a little to close to your assend most of the time but I wanna reach my destination in one piece as quickly as possible just like y'all. I just picture y'all on the radio sayn watch this $hit.
Becouse when u have damn company hands doin 62 an one tryin to pass thats governed at 63 well guess what figure it out, I hate that **** ill be in the hammer lane say I 40 for example, doin 80 cruise set come up on a swift or werner ect doin 64 I get ready to pass an some **** head in a 65 mph truck decides to pass here I go jakes blaring grabbin gears to back her down sit behind for 5 miles an finally he gets around, it just blows my mind they see u coming for 2 miles hammer down an just when its pass time they jump over an go 1 mile an hour faster lmao gets me every tim.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #67

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That's what I'm sayn, its like lemme see what I can do to make this guys day a little more challenging. The ones that really tick me off are the ones I purposfully flash my hbeams @ give them the right of and

Last edited by WilliamTF; 01-09-2012 at 04:39 AM.