Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CCP and clothing changes??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

It is called a Koga, they are a great self defense tool. It aids in hitting and striking. You can get it through Cold Steel for about $10.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #12

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Okay thank you.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 AM   #13

Another option for IWB is the crossbreed style. I carry my 40 S&W in a Theiss holster a lot. I can even wear it riding a bicycle with a t shirt and cargo shirts and be comfortable without printing. It stays pretty comfortable after a twelve hour shift running a chemical sprayer also.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck. For me, the position I carry affects my level of comfort. I like my firearm at 4:00. If it gets too far forward, at 3:00, my pants and belt start to dig into my waist. And carrying at 6:00 isn't a great idea if you sit a lot. The pressure of something hard (gun, knife, handcuffs...) can have detrimental affects on your lumbar. I have seen where a hand full of gentlemen on this site carry at 2:00.

So, carry around the house with a few different holsters in a few different positions on the body. Be sure to do typical things you do at work and other places you carry ( sit down, stand up, bend down to tie a shoe). Whichever works best for you is what you should go with. You may find that certain styles of clothing fabric allow got more comfortable carry also.

Good luck!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1294

A side note- several years back, granddaughter (age 6) had a friend over. Was taking them out for a Happy Meal. As I was putting jacket on, little girl visitor spotted my CCW, and asked the Ararchist-in-training "Why does your grandpa have a gun?"

The 6 yr old looked at her friend, grinned, and said "Silly! Because HE is the grownup!"

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:18 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I love that little anarchist.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #17

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

There is a lot of good advice in this thread, I also looked here in choosing a carry holster and style of clothing.

I carry IWB with a crossbreed type holster or a Sticky pocket holster that is also great for IWB. Yes the pant size went up, and the belt became more important, but the confidence level soared knowing that I was prepared.

I also carry in a Blackhawk Sepra for OWB, belt clip or paddle mount. It comes down to what works best for you and your clothing attire, mine changed a little to work around my carry weapon. With this I now carry 99.8% of the time.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #18

Been looking for a good holster myself that doesnt print. I took my smart phone with a video camera, put it on record, and with each holster and different attire shot a video of me walking, raising my arms, reaching for my wallet, bending over, etc, and then reviewed the footage. Just like taking pics or asking the wife to watch, except I did it for myself. Learned what holster conceals best, what position prints the worst, what works best, and how to do things like bend over without printing. A good tool that helped me out a lot.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #19

Liked 4550 Times on 2200 Posts
Likes Given: 1355

Mitch,

My work attire is the same as yours and after 16 years of CCW and several boxes of holsters I finally found the $15 dollar solution to the million dollar problem.

The 4" belly band, worn low around the hips will place the gun at the same height as most IWB holsters. You get the concealment of an IWB without needing to cut off circulation to keep your gun from dragging your pants down.

They are also great for the public RR where letting a belt mounted gun drop to the floor or trying to balance it on the TP holder can be a bad idea.

Give this a shot and you'll be able to buy 2 or 3 more guns for the money you'll save on holsters.

TACK