Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CC from Michigan to Indiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default CC from Michigan to Indiana.

I know indiana honors my MI permit; does anyone know where I could find a trusted list of Indiana's laws? It where the best place to contact would be?

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #2

Liked 349 Times on 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
I know indiana honors my MI permit; does anyone know where I could find a trusted list of Indiana's laws? It where the best place to contact would be?
Google it. One of the first websites that comes up will be a list of state firearm laws.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #3

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester
I trust this web site. You can look up any state at the main site.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf
Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

What questions do you have? I live in Indiana

Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #5

Liked 663 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfmdl
What questions do you have? I live in Indiana
Where I can't carry?

What's the open carry law? I never open carry but if someone can see it at the bottom of my shirt or out lined in a pocket, then it's not considered concealed and a cop could be less than reasonable on the issues.

Does it have to be on me in a car or is the console good? I know the state police in Ohio made a big stink with a few folks over that when they changed their laws.

Can I carry in a restaurant that also serves alcohol?

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #6

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester

Where I can't carry?

What's the open carry law? I never open carry but if someone can see it at the bottom of my shirt or out lined in a pocket, then it's not considered concealed and a cop could be less than reasonable on the issues.

Does it have to be on me in a car or is the console good? I know the state police in Ohio made a big stink with a few folks over that when they changed their laws.

Can I carry in a restaurant that also serves alcohol?
You can't carry in schools, airports, federal buildings, river boats. You can carry in restaurants and bars. You can open or conceal carry.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

You can't carry in schools, airports, federal buildings, river boats. You can carry in restaurants and bars. You can open or conceal carry.
He got it covered, and with your vehicle it can be anywhere, I keep mine in the center console when I drive. You are also not required to tell law enforcement that you are carrying if pulled over for a traffic violation, however I never think that'll hurt.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #8

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post

But he can carry to school property if he is dropping off a kid for school or a school function. But the firearm must not leave the vehicle.

We can open carry with an Indiana permit, its a handgun carry permit. It doesnt specify cc or open so both are legal. I open carry all the time and have had zero problems.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 08-11-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #9

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hopefully you will read and interpret the laws on your own. I would not want to take a strangers advice on the laws unless he was a lawyer.

So with that being said go ahead open carry and conceal where you want.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
That covers it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
But he can carry to school property if he is dropping off a kid for school or a school function. But the firearm must not leave the vehicle.

We can open carry with an Indiana permit, its a handgun carry permit. It doesnt specify cc or open so both are legal. I open carry all the time and have had zero problems.
Unless your in Fort Waste. EXPECT to be harassed by the Gestapo if OCing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
Hopefully you will read and interpret the laws on your own. I would not want to take a strangers advice on the laws unless he was a lawyer.

So with that being said go ahead open carry and conceal where you want.
Ummm considering three people THAT live and CARRY in IN have said the same things in a mere 9 posts would be pretty good evidence that whats being said is true.

Reading and iterpreting laws on your own can be as dangerous as taking the word of a stranger....and a lawyer can lie to you just as easily as said stranger considering you are NOT his client therefor has 0 obligation to advise you truthfully.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
Fathead00 Likes This