Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Is CC just another form of registration? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/cc-just-another-form-registration-100334/)

chloeshooter 11-14-2013 06:05 PM

Is CC just another form of registration?

I sure believe so, at least in the state of Minnesota. The penalty for not getting the permit and carrying is a misdemeanor. I know what I do - what would YOU do?

winds-of-change 11-14-2013 06:30 PM

I would get my license and carry legally.

chloeshooter 11-14-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1431506)
I would get my license and carry legally.

you kind of have to here if you want to purchase a handgun or a semi. That, or you need a special permit to purchase a handgun or a semi. It most definitely is gun OWNER registration, no bones about it

MisterMcCool 11-14-2013 07:10 PM

Just another infringement. Another hoop to jump through. Another fee to pay for exercising a right.
It is not disarmament, but certainly delays, deters, and limits the applicants.

DrumJunkie 11-14-2013 07:12 PM

Is it registration? When a newspaper and pull up that info and print it it's a pretty compelling argument indeed. What it is to me is asking permission from the very group of people that you just may have to protect yourself from.

I do not advocate carrying illegally though. If one is going carry concealed they should do so in a manner that is not breaking the law. WE do ourselves no favors be being no different than some of the threats we wish to protect ourselves from. And it's just ammo for those wish to make more limits to a right that si not supposed to be limited in the first place.

chloeshooter 11-14-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 1431536)
Is it registration? When a newspaper and pull up that info and print it it's a pretty compelling argument indeed. What it is to me is asking permission from the very group of people that you just may have to protect yourself from.

I do not advocate carrying illegally though. If one is going carry concealed they should do so in a manner that is not breaking the law. WE do ourselves no favors be being no different than some of the threats we wish to protect ourselves from. And it's just ammo for those wish to make more limits to a right that si not supposed to be limited in the first place.

I happen to agree with you spot on. Currently you can have open or concealed carry in your home or your business. And you don't need CC for transporting between the two.

p35bhp55 11-14-2013 07:54 PM

It puts you on the radar that's for sure. I let mine expire for several years, and got pulled over for speeding. As I sat in the officers car I heard a date come over the radio that made no sense as far as my driving goes, later I realized it was the date my permit expired. I might as well keep it now I'm already on the list:eek:

Gatoragn 11-14-2013 09:18 PM

I have a FL and a WI permit, those states know I likely own a handgun, but they do not know which one or how many.

If you purchase a firearm hunting license, you are likely a gun owner.

chloeshooter 11-14-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn
I have a FL and a WI permit, those states know I likely own a handgun, but they do not know which one it how many. If you purchase a firearm hunting license, you are likely a gun owner.

Good point

hogrider 11-14-2013 09:52 PM

It sure is and once on that list you'll never get off it. But I did it anyway so I'm "legal".