CC concerns - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CC concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post

Seriously??? I have spotless credit, but I have friends that do and do not. It should have NO bearing whatsoever...dumb statement IMHO!!
Credit class changes, if one does something to correct a mistake. I think it should be better regulated and calculated than it currently is, but yes, I believe it could be a very good gage for whom is and is not responsible enough to own a gun. I had a credit mishap when I was 19 with my first credit card, took no more than a year to recover and it did teach me a lesson that I was thankful for.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #42

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig

That's what happens when you only ga have to qualify once per year. Commissioner ray Kelly stated that NYC police are told if they pull their guns then are to fire 5 rounds since they tend to connect with one out of five rounds. I wonder if mayor bloomberg's security detail only qualifies once a year? Once a year saves money but costs lives.
Yes, I read about their lack of range time -- I can't even remember where at this point but it is fairly crazy considering the level of crime they have to deal with. It seems like I saw that NYPD's average response time is now between 9-10 minutes. The next time I am in NYC, if I have to dial 911, I believe I will make sure I am behind as much cover as possible at the 8 minute and 50 second mark.

On a more serious note, once a year at the range is probably less or the same as a lot of people who get concealed carry permits - remember to shoot it once a year to blow the rust off of it.

I wonder if Bloomberg's detail is required to carry Glocks which have been modified to have 742lb triggers (slight exaggeration)?

Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #43

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post
Seriously??? I have spotless credit, but I have friends that do and do not. It should have NO bearing whatsoever...dumb statement IMHO!!
Wrong! Poor credit and you shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves..period! Bad credit people should not be able to raise children either..I hate bad credit people...bad credit people are the scourge.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #44

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Wrong! Poor credit and you shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves..period! Bad credit people should not be able to raise children either..I hate bad credit people...bad credit people are the scourge.
Those bad credit people are just like those damned newly-minted CCW holders! No guns for anyone anymore!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #45

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That means if you are carrying a concealed weapon and stopped by an LEO. It will be a Federal Law that you must show your "American Express Card. This debate has hit a new level of stupid.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #46

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
Those bad credit people are just like those damned newly-minted CCW holders! No guns for anyone anymore!
Well- if you take guns away from those with less than perfect credit & those with extreamly limited or no experience in handguns but still qualify for a CCL there wud be a LOT of guns & ammo for sale out there

Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #47

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I agree with what you wrote on some level Sonic...it is kinda alarming at this new "fad" or "trend" of all the new semi autos used for CC....most of it from panicked fence sitters who never shot guns before. But then again, I do look at it as expanding our community and arming more (hopefully) responsible citizens. Gotta take the good with the bad and just hope and pray these people all take it seriously, get training and practice practice practice with their new firearms.

You are right, the last thing we need is some sock sock drawer hero who takes his new gun out on Friday nights LOOKING for an excuse to open fire. Im sure those guys are a small percentage, but I dont doubt they are out there.

But....We all started out this way, of course it was much more laid back and there probably more integrity when we made our decision but either way....there are millions of new firearms owners in the last few months and they need our support and guidance. Hell I opened up a new guns & ammo club on Facebook in my area and I believe there are some new shooters. Not 100% sure yet when I plan to expand on the group but for now its cool to get to know the locals.

Time will tell I guess....

Cant be much worse than seasoned gun owners who accidentally discharge on 2 people from a shotgun like what happened at that gun show last weekend. **FACE PALM**
Sonic82 Likes This