Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > CC concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default CC concerns

I had a discussion yesterday at my local gun store with the guy behind the counter when I bought my new SIG. They have been selling handguns galore as of late, especially sub-compacts. He said everybody wants to CC, he mentioned people that have no background with guns and know nothing about them are buying them. I am very much for the practice of Concealed Carry, but I fear there will be a backlash eventually. I’m not entirely sure these people are sincere and fully understand the responsibility of CC. Like everything in the U.S….it’s the new ‘trend’. I will rejoice the day when some freak stands up in a movie theatre with his black garb and gun intent on mowing the movies patrons down when he himself gets riddled with holes from little .380’s coming from every direction. However, there are going to be incidents of these new gun owners miss judging situations, accidental discharges and pure negligence. Concealed Carry has been adopted by many states now and that’s a wonderful thing. However, I think the pendulum will swing the other way after a few tragic accidents and those of us that have many years of experience with the handling of guns will lose our rights to carry. Just like everything, a few people will ruin it for the rest of us.

Here’s an article of some lib already pissed off at CC.http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/opinion/sunday/the-scourge-of-concealed-weapons.html?_r=0

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

You forgot if the new cc holder has no clue how to use the tool and ends up getting hurt or killed with their own tool It's like ar's and so forth many folks have paid premium for the rifles and have no clue hot to even take the rifle down

Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2747 Times on 1593 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

I try to stress training. In my state, there is a requirement to have some proof of firearms training (even the DD FM 214 will suffice).

I have met people in my 20 years of active duty who did not have any firearms training, but still got their DD FM 214s.

I hope we do not have a backlash, and that all who decide to carry do so in a safe and prudent manner.

I hope that people understand that carrying a firearm does not make one a "Navy Seal" without enduring the Navy Seal training.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #4

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

I was once one of these people, everyone starts somewhere. I'm not worried about anything. I think concealed carry and handgun purchases in general should be based on credit class. I believe credit class says a lot about a persons level of overall responsibility.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I try to stress training. In my state, there is a requirement to have some proof of firearms training (even the DD FM 214 will suffice).

I have met people in my 20 years of active duty who did not have any firearms training, but still got their DD FM 214s.

I hope we do not have a backlash, and that all who decide to carry do so in a safe and prudent manner.

I hope that people understand that carrying a firearm does not make one a "Navy Seal" without enduring the Navy Seal training.
Sure...my state does too. But we also have some where you pay your $100 and it's givin to you.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 01-26-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #6

Liked 2336 Times on 1047 Posts
Likes Given: 2250

You should be more worried about the idiots they give drivers licenses to. What did you know when you bought your first gun? Not everybody is an idiot and they can learn just like you did. Life is dangerous you can't protect everybody all the time. Posts like this smacks of the same liberalism we are trying to get rid of. I'm sure you don't mean it to sound that way but it does. Are you saying that only the smart people get to defend themselves? Are you saying you want people to pay for training? In which case only the people with enough money can defend themselves. This all sounds like elitism and infringement when you think about it. Accidental firearm deaths for 2011 was 851 compared to over 40,000 on the highway. Don't forget, driving isn't even a right.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #7

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
You should be more worried about the idiots they give drivers licenses to. What did you know when you bought your first gun? Not everybody is an idiot and they can learn just like you did. Life is dangerous you can't protect everybody all the time. Posts like this smacks of the same liberalism we are trying to get rid of. I'm sure you don't mean it to sound that way but it does. Are you saying that only the smart people get to defend themselves? Are you saying you want people to pay for training? In which case only the people with enough money can defend themselves. This all sounds like elitism and infringement when you think about it. Accidental firearm deaths for 2011 was 851 compared to over 40,000 on the highway. Don't forget, driving isn't even a right.
An emphatic Amen!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I was once one of these people, everyone starts somewhere. I'm not worried about anything. I think concealed carry and handgun purchases in general should be based on credit class. I believe credit class says a lot about a persons level of overall responsibility.
Yup...and that's all good.But there's always that certain percentage.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #9

Liked 1763 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

This has been the fear of the anti-gunners ever since cc started. They said the streets would be filled with blood. It would be like the ok corral. Not so. There are a crap load of people that cc now. If they were shooting people accidentally it would be all over the news already. There have been a few incidents. But if it were like that they woulkd have exploited it!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 832 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 179

The streets are running in blood since CC permits were opened in MI. Oh wait, nothing happened!

Take some newbies to the range and encourage additional practice and talk about further training.