Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   cc and airline travel doesn't mix (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/cc-airline-travel-doesnt-mix-106609/)

robertusa123 04-29-2014 11:45 PM

cc and airline travel doesn't mix

I live near Lynchburg va airport. We have had 2 incidences of CCA holders getting caught trying to bring their gun onto a commercial flight...I'm just stund on how manny ccw holders have no idea where they can and cannot carry. One of the offenders was a retired judge.

MOD EDIT: sentence removed (G30USMC)

Tackleberry1 04-29-2014 11:58 PM

Or to people who carry everyday, everywhere, and do not fly often.

I've had to return to my car to lock up a pocket knife I didn't feel like donating to the TSA...

Never took my gun to the airport but for people leading busy lives... I can see it happening by accident.

robertusa123 04-30-2014 10:46 AM

That's the problem. It should never happen by accident. A gun is a deadly weapon that should never be forgotten about. That how children get ahold of them which is usaliey followed by a tragedy story on the news

chloeshooter 04-30-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertusa123 (Post 1567910)
That's the problem. It should never happen by accident. A gun is a deadly weapon that should never be forgotten about. That how children get ahold of them which is usaliey followed by a tragedy story on the news

exactly. people who forget they are carrying should not be carrying. it is a 24/7awareness responsibility.

excuses are accidents that have not yet happened

Eagle1803 04-30-2014 12:46 PM

I can see people forgetting they have it on them.

Just means they are use to it and have their packing style down to a T:D

JonM 04-30-2014 01:53 PM

cc and airline travel doesn't mix

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertusa123 (Post 1567715)
I live near Lynchburg va airport. We have had 2 incidences of CCA holders getting caught trying to bring their gun onto a commercial flight...I'm just stund on how manny ccw holders have no idea where they can and cannot carry. One of the offenders was a retired judge. Please get the proper training

I dunno... Judges are some of the dumbest people walking the planet.

chloeshooter 04-30-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1567973)
I dunno... Judges are some of the dumbest people walking the planet.

case in point: Judge who presided over my divorce!

JonM 04-30-2014 02:14 PM

Ive met more than a few of them and to man and woman "intelligent" is not a word i would use to describe any of them. Intelligence has nothing to do with acedemic achievement. A college degree in most cases just means someone has a good memmory.

Intelligence is the wise application of knowledge. This cannot be taught.

Eagle1803 04-30-2014 02:18 PM

The justice system now days is a dog and pony Show.

They all sleep together:D

c3shooter 04-30-2014 02:30 PM

What do you say when you meet a lawyer with an IQ of 70?

Good morning, your honor.

I have not had to set foot on an airplane since I retired 18 months ago (Thank you, Jesus!) but was flying- 110-150 flights a year- and I DID carry- but as a CHECKED BAGGAGE firearm. And no, it is not that big a deal- IF you take time to find how to properly check a firearm as baggage.

Back to original post- half the people you will meet today will be below average. A lot of the bottom 50% plan to get on a plane.

Waiting in line in airport to pay for sandwich- woman runs in, pushes ahead of everyone in line, loudly proclaims "I'm in a hurry- I have to catch a plane!"

DUH! So does everyone there except the cashier!

Over the years I have asked flight attendants "What is the worst thing you have seen a passenger try to bring on a plane as carry-on baggage? Actual answers-

A kitchen sink
Mounted deer head w/ antlers
A 25" color TV (before flatscreens)
Windshield for a 57 Chevy
Driveshaft for a Mercedes
Boa constrictor (worn under coat)

The winner? Deceased grandmother in a garment bag. No, really.