Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > castle doctrine in nc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If the castle law is in effect in your state if you preceive the intruder as a threat there is NO need to go to hand to hand combat with the intruder. Put them down by voice command if they do anything but comply then put them down with a double tap. Also ma states that have he castle law also have a stand your ground law that expresses that you don't have to retreat from a preceived threat. I'm not a lawyer just stating how I interpiet the castle law.

Also I would try and leave/escape instead of going hand to hand with an intruder for several reasons. I don't know if the inruder is armed, I don't know if the one intruder I can see is the only intruder, I don't now if the intruder is high on something that will limit his ability to register pain and I don't know the ability of the intruder (even bad guys can take matrial art classes, have military training or just be a good brawler). If your not willing to use leathal force then get the heck out if possible. IMO

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When I took the concealed carry class this year, the instructor advised on have a safe room in your house, i.e. your bed room. Then if the scum bag broke in and you had the bed room door shut, if he tried to enter the bed room it would be the same as breaking into your house. Don't know if he was right or not, just my 2 cents.

Wish the libs would get off their ass and pass the castle law for North Carolina. We will have to vote them out to get that done.

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG