Carrying at Work
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying at Work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default Carrying at Work

For those of you who have to wear your shirt tucked in at work, how do you carry? What kind of holster do you use? I've always carried using an IWB, but that won't work here. Hell, with the kind of work I do, even that doesn't work sometimes if the shirt is short enough.

Let's just say a fellow employee spotted it at my last job and I have a sneaking suspicion it's the reason I was fired shortly after. I'd like to avoid that again.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #2

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Smartcarry holsters comes to mind,unless you have a lady friend at work feeling you up nobody will know you have a gun. It seems awkward and laughable but I've heard good things about it,supposedly very comfortable and conceals awesome.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #3

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Without knowing what you carry, tuckable holsters can be found by a variety of makers, if you NEED to carry IWB. Google "tuckable holsters"...

An LCP or something similar can be easily hidden away in a front pocket and no one is any the wiser. What about an ankle rig? Again, no Idea what you are carrying or if you are flexible on your type of firearm...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #4

Yeah, not too sure I like where it sits.

EDIT: Sorry I carry a Kahr PM9.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 428 Posts
Likes Given: 3964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
For those of you who have to wear your shirt tucked in at work, how do you carry? What kind of holster do you use? I've always carried using an IWB, but that won't work here. Hell, with the kind of work I do, even that doesn't work sometimes if the shirt is short enough.

Let's just say a fellow employee spotted it at my last job and I have a sneaking suspicion it's the reason I was fired shortly after. I'd like to avoid that again.
Honestly, the best way to avoid this again is to find out what the policies are at your job about carrying while at work. Unless you are armed security (or body guard, etc.) there shouldn't be a need to have it on your body.

However, if you feel that you do need to have one at work, I suggest 2 things:

A, get a job that allows CCW at work, or
B, get a sub-compact and an ankle holster

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #6

I looked and nowhere did they state that you aren't allowed to carry at work. I feel that I'm just as likely to need it at work as I am anywhere else that I go.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #7

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:

What, the ankle? If you sit a lot, it's much easier to access your gun on the ankle as opposed to the waist. I love the Kahrs btw but if it's that important you carry at work, why not grab a pocket pistol? They can be had relatively inexpensively. It's not like you're never going to buy another gun...is it?

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
What, the ankle? If you sit a lot, it's much easier to access your gun on the ankle as opposed to the waist. I love the Kahrs btw but if it's that important you carry at work, why not grab a pocket pistol? They can be had relatively inexpensively. It's not like you're never going to buy another gun...is it?
Oh, I was talking about that Smart Carry Holster. You don't think a PM9 will print with an ankle holster?

That's my current carry setup. I would think it would print with the grip extension? I've had a Kel Tec P3AT and a Kahr .380 as well. Not interested in going back. Besides, I've got a long list of guns I would rather spend money on. I'd really like to try and find some sort of option that would work for my current gun.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #9

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:

I too carry a PM 9, have done so for 4 years and also work in an office and wear tucked in shirts. Shortly after getting my Kahr I found Kahr's 3" belly band on their website.

I wear the band slung low around my hips which let's me position the pistol strong side just as if I were using an IWB holster. I strap it on in the morning so it tops out with the top of my drawers, pull and buckle my britches up around the whole thing and tuck in my button down short to conceal the gip. It also eliminates the problem of "what to do with your gun" while conducting a class 2 download in a public RR."

Just tug the whole rig up you mid sections to do your business and your good to go.

Good Luck

Tack

Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 428 Posts
Likes Given: 3964

Quote:
I looked and nowhere did they state that you aren't allowed to carry at work. I feel that I'm just as likely to need it at work as I am anywhere else that I go.
What kind of work do you do?

Technically, I can't carry while I'm at work, but I can have it with me.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere