Carrying While Running
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying While Running

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Carrying While Running

Anyone here carry while running? I usually wear a camelbak while running and keep a pistol in one of the compartments. I like the thought of having it more accessible if needed...not really a fan of needing to take my pack off to access my weapon if needed. I run a lot of back country roads by my place, where anything from stray dogs to bad guys driving down the road could be a problem. Anyone know any good methods for carrying in typical running clothes? Also, what is your weapon of choice while running? I have a PF9 and a Glock 27 for small carry type guns. All my others are full size models. Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts

USMC,

I don’t know if anyone still makes it but there was a small chest pack that was like a reverse back pack but very small and had a compartment for wallet, keys and such. It also had a Velcro side pocket that you could slide a small revolver or auto into a holster similar to the fanny pack. It attached with two quick clips on one side, was made of nylon and could be cinched snug so it would not bounce on your chest during the run. The straps crossed in the back and were stitched in an X pattern to prevent slippage. I’ll see if I can find who made it and if it is still manufactured.

Scubie

Old 12-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've always wanted to be able to carry while running but was never able to find a good method.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts

Hummmm, maybe I'll have Glass make one and send it out for eval.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I saw video of the belly band working for joggers. I bought the belly band, but I'm well past the jogging age.

Belly Band Holsters - Ace Case Manufacturing

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Camelback used to make a hydration system specifically for packing a pistol, I will try and get the model name, but I think it hung a little lower on the back, and had an easy access pocket on the very bottom that would hold the pistol sideways. Lemme go look around the interwebz a bit.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's called the Camelback Demon, but it looks like it may be a little large for running, maybe perfect for the occasional short hike though...

Old 12-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #8

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Smart Carry Holster
SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

It is a ccw holster that is positioned over the groin. Completely invisable under jeans and shorts. I remember reading a review or testamonial that it is was decently comfortable to run with. Pretty sure you would get better results with a Kel Tec PF9 vs a full sized pistol. I wouldnt what 3 pounds of steel slapping down on my junk.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 12-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
USMC,

I don’t know if anyone still makes it but there was a small chest pack that was like a reverse back pack but very small and had a compartment for wallet, keys and such. It also had a Velcro side pocket that you could slide a small revolver or auto into a holster similar to the fanny pack. It attached with two quick clips on one side, was made of nylon and could be cinched snug so it would not bounce on your chest during the run. The straps crossed in the back and were stitched in an X pattern to prevent slippage. I’ll see if I can find who made it and if it is still manufactured.

Scubie
Eberlestock makes a great chest pack that can be connected to an existing backpack.

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Awesome, thanks for all the info. I have thought about the belly band. I'm going to look up that Camelbak too.