Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Carrying While Running (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/carrying-while-running-35579/)

USMC-03 12-14-2010 07:14 AM

Carrying While Running

Anyone here carry while running? I usually wear a camelbak while running and keep a pistol in one of the compartments. I like the thought of having it more accessible if needed...not really a fan of needing to take my pack off to access my weapon if needed. I run a lot of back country roads by my place, where anything from stray dogs to bad guys driving down the road could be a problem. Anyone know any good methods for carrying in typical running clothes? Also, what is your weapon of choice while running? I have a PF9 and a Glock 27 for small carry type guns. All my others are full size models. Thanks in advance.

Dzscubie 12-14-2010 03:53 PM

USMC,

I donít know if anyone still makes it but there was a small chest pack that was like a reverse back pack but very small and had a compartment for wallet, keys and such. It also had a Velcro side pocket that you could slide a small revolver or auto into a holster similar to the fanny pack. It attached with two quick clips on one side, was made of nylon and could be cinched snug so it would not bounce on your chest during the run. The straps crossed in the back and were stitched in an X pattern to prevent slippage. Iíll see if I can find who made it and if it is still manufactured.

Scubie

spittinfire 12-14-2010 03:55 PM

I've always wanted to be able to carry while running but was never able to find a good method.

Dzscubie 12-14-2010 04:01 PM

Hummmm, maybe I'll have Glass make one and send it out for eval. :cool:

Jo da Plumbr 12-14-2010 04:04 PM

I saw video of the belly band working for joggers. I bought the belly band, but I'm well past the jogging age.

Belly Band Holsters - Ace Case Manufacturing

Squirrel_Slayer 12-14-2010 04:08 PM

Camelback used to make a hydration system specifically for packing a pistol, I will try and get the model name, but I think it hung a little lower on the back, and had an easy access pocket on the very bottom that would hold the pistol sideways. Lemme go look around the interwebz a bit.

Squirrel_Slayer 12-14-2010 04:15 PM

It's called the Camelback Demon, but it looks like it may be a little large for running, maybe perfect for the occasional short hike though...

michigan0626 12-14-2010 06:22 PM

Smart Carry Holster
SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

It is a ccw holster that is positioned over the groin. Completely invisable under jeans and shorts. I remember reading a review or testamonial that it is was decently comfortable to run with. Pretty sure you would get better results with a Kel Tec PF9 vs a full sized pistol. I wouldnt what 3 pounds of steel slapping down on my junk.

amoroque 12-14-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 402984)
USMC,

I donít know if anyone still makes it but there was a small chest pack that was like a reverse back pack but very small and had a compartment for wallet, keys and such. It also had a Velcro side pocket that you could slide a small revolver or auto into a holster similar to the fanny pack. It attached with two quick clips on one side, was made of nylon and could be cinched snug so it would not bounce on your chest during the run. The straps crossed in the back and were stitched in an X pattern to prevent slippage. Iíll see if I can find who made it and if it is still manufactured.

Scubie

Eberlestock makes a great chest pack that can be connected to an existing backpack.

USMC-03 12-14-2010 07:14 PM

Awesome, thanks for all the info. I have thought about the belly band. I'm going to look up that Camelbak too.