Carrying while intoxicated - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying while intoxicated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Ohio states a licence holder is not to drink while carrying. I may have a couple when I'm home, but I don't leave afterwards. "Ridiculous" is what the judge or jury might say after you shoot someone with alcohol in your system, regardless of whether your over the legal limit. Everything they can find against you will be used.
Exactly, even in the best of circumstances you will be looked over very closely, only a fool would drink any alcohol and carry a weapon, its just plain stupid...

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, in doing so some have entertained angels without knowing it"
hebrews 13:2

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 08-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #32

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_town
Some of y'all are ridiculous. I know for a fact I can drink 3 or 4 beers over a decent period of time because I have a breathalyzer. My states says you must be under .08 to carry, and I am always well under that. Whats wrong with havin a few beers with your friends or family while carrying?
I personally don't carry and drink but my father does as well as most of my cousins it seems here in Texas idk if your in Texas but deff the South cause you said y'all and I say that but it it seems here people take drinking and guns a lot more lightly than the middle and northern states I guess Texas is just a little more hardcore lol )

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #33

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

I personally don't carry and drink but my father does as well as most of my cousins it seems here in Texas idk if your in Texas but deff the South cause you said y'all and I say that but it it seems here people take drinking and guns a lot more lightly than the middle and northern states I guess Texas is just a little more hardcore lol )
Most people I see in ky do.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #34
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7792 Times on 4679 Posts
Likes Given: 9792

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
I was pulled over for a tail light being out one night coming home from dinner. When the officer ask me if I had anything to drink, I told him I had one mixed drink with dinner. He didn't even look up from writing the ticket. He finished the ticket and told me to drive safe. I was floored! I told him I had been drinking and he did nothing (this was before I CCed)!! So I stopped him and said, "Not that I'm complaining, but why didn't you test me for alcohol?"

He says, "You told me you only had one drink, and I believe you."

Still incredulous, I asked, "But why? You don't know me from Adam!".

"Because you told me you had one drink. Everyone that lies to me says the exact same thing - 'I had two beers.' "

So to law enforcement, "two beers" is synonymous with a lie! It's completely different to claim only two beers and actually limit one's self to that. DMV charts show a man over 210 lbs can drink 4 drinks an hour (drink = 1.5 oz hard alcohol, 8 oz wine or 12 oz beer) and not be impaired.

The problem is actually two-fold: first, get anyone that drinks to understand a 40 oz bottle is NOT one drink! Second, get them to stop lying! You're not fooling the cops, and it can actually endanger your life with some medications when you lie to medical personnel. Keep the "two beers" answer for someone that might believe you, like your wife or drinking buddies! :-P B)
The "two beers" lie is very true. The officer that stopped you probably has enough experience to know by observing you that you weren't impaired. Mos can spot it a mile away.

In my hospital experience.........everyone who's drunk to near passing out "only had two beers".

But here's a funny story for you. The nurses and I were laughing over this one. I have to call all 'critical values' to the doctors so it can be dealt with immediately. There was a patient in ER that had a critical value 'something or other'.......I can't remember what is was right now. I call the ER and give the verbal report to the nurse. She then asks what his alcohol level was. It was below .08 and I said, "He's okay........it's .05." She started laughing and told me he's been telling them he's had 10 beers tonight. We just thought it was so funny that all the drunks "only had 2 beers" and this relatively sober guy was telling them he's had 10. What a turn around. LOL We couldn't figure out what prompted him to say that.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #35

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I work in a hospital. You would be surprised how many people swear they only had "2 beers" and have an alcohol level 3 times the legal limit. I believe it is too hard to judge what one's blood alcohol level is.

I'm glad you act responsibly.
2 is always the common denominator, alot of the people that i arrested for DUI said that they either drank nothing or only 2 beers, but then blow way over .08

Also if you get pulled over and arrested for DUI and you have a firearm, you will probably also get charged with "possession of a firearm while in commission of a crime"

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 08-07-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #36

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly

Lots of murderers, robbers, rapists and drug dealers haven't been caught yet. Still doesn't make it right.
I wasnt condoning it at all. Its very wrong. I was just saying i know someone. I actually know a lot of people that do it .......... sucks.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #37

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I quit drinking several years ago cause I kinda had a know when to say when problem. Not really an alchoholic wasn't drinking alot but when I did I wouldn't stop and then would do dumb things.

That being said if I still drank I wouldn't even consider it. Just......no. Alchohol and firearms never go well.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Ohio states a licence holder is not to drink while carrying. I may have a couple when I'm home, but I don't leave afterwards. "Ridiculous" is what the judge or jury might say after you shoot someone with alcohol in your system, regardless of whether your over the legal limit. Everything they can find against you will be used.
Correct on Ohio. However, that's why everyone needs to know there state law to the letter. In Ohio, we just got the right to carry in businesses selling liquor (restaurant, grocery store), but we can't consume. .01 blows us out of the water. Make sure you read the law and don't trust what your buddy told you.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #39
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

But here's a funny story for you. The nurses and I were laughing over this one. I have to call all 'critical values' to the doctors so it can be dealt with immediately. There was a patient in ER that had a critical value 'something or other'.......I can't remember what is was right now. I call the ER and give the verbal report to the nurse. She then asks what his alcohol level was. It was below .08 and I said, "He's okay........it's .05." She started laughing and told me he's been telling them he's had 10 beers tonight. We just thought it was so funny that all the drunks "only had 2 beers" and this relatively sober guy was telling them he's had 10. What a turn around. LOL We couldn't figure out what prompted him to say that.
this guy was obviously "bragging" to all of the pretty nurses! Either that, or his drinking binge got interrupted by going to the hospital and that was his planned conquest for the night!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #40

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I stop drinking in 1987 when I got my first CCL. I was lucky to many times before that.

Check your states laws for you supposied lite drinkers if you really think only a few bears are fine. Do it in a car and its called DUI. If you ever find the need to use a firearm or screw up in a car and an officer smells anything you will get to blow for a reading or get a blood test. Bet a DA will go after a .05 those few bear come back to destroy your live between courts , criminal or civil.

Read here for your states DUI laws.
http://www.duipenalties.net/