Carrying while intoxicated - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying while intoxicated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have never and will never drive drunk. Just don't see a reason for it. Only time beer and guns mix is after the range, We make sure all weapons are clear put away all ammo (don't want any mistakes) get out supplies and clean guns while having a few. Mind you i'm already home ammo stays secured, and nobody gets drunk just have a couple while talking and cleaning.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #142

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I got off work and cracked no. 1 of 2 beers for the night in the garage. My .38 snubbie is still on me. The neighbors got broke into a couple weeks ago.
I will carry with a couple on my property, yes. Off my property, no way.
But the criminals should leave you alone since you're drinking. It is like you've manufactured your own criminal/violence free zone. There is no need for a gun!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #143

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid

But the criminals should leave you alone since you're drinking. It is like you've manufactured your own criminal/violence free zone. There is no need for a gun!
Huh? Where's the logic in that? If you appear to be an easy mark in a bad guy's eyes you will become a victim. Doesn't matter to them if you're drunk, stoned, an old man a young kid or whatever.

Just because I chose to have a beer or two doesn't mean I'm gonna forfeit my right to protect myself if need be.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #144

Liked 2816 Times on 1830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Huh? Where's the logic in that? If you appear to be an easy mark in a bad guy's eyes you will become a victim. Doesn't matter to them if you're drunk, stoned, an old man a young kid or whatever.

Just because I chose to have a beer or two doesn't mean I'm gonna forfeit my right to protect myself if need be.
I assumed it was sarcasm. I hope so.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #145

Liked 127 Times on 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdub View Post
In my state the law states that as long as you are under.08 you can operate a car. What is wrong with having a few beers and driving home as long as your are lawful abiding? I'm sure I can have 2 beers and operate a car better than most people can sober. That being said I carry no firearm if I have any amount of alcohol.
Especially when you compare yourself driving after 2 drinks to the driving of a teenager with a cell phone in their hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
I was pulled over for a tail light being out one night coming home from dinner. When the officer ask me if I had anything to drink, I told him I had one mixed drink with dinner. He didn't even look up from writing the ticket. He finished the ticket and told me to drive safe. I was floored! I told him I had been drinking and he did nothing (this was before I CCed)!! So I stopped him and said, "Not that I'm complaining, but why didn't you test me for alcohol?"

He says, "You told me you only had one drink, and I believe you."

Still incredulous, I asked, "But why? You don't know me from Adam!".

"Because you told me you had one drink. Everyone that lies to me says the exact same thing - 'I had two beers.' "

So to law enforcement, "two beers" is synonymous with a lie! It's completely different to claim only two beers and actually limit one's self to that. DMV charts show a man over 210 lbs can drink 4 drinks an hour (drink = 1.5 oz hard alcohol, 8 oz wine or 12 oz beer) and not be impaired.
Similar story happened to me. over the course of the evening, from about 4 pm till just before midnight, I had 4 drinks, with the last one being consumed at 10:30. We got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint. guy asked me if I'd been drinking, and I said 'yup, I've had a few drinks through the evening" he said "ok, well, I can tell that you're ok, but for the record, if you tell us that you've had anything to drink, we're supposed to remove you from the vehicle and give you a breathalyzer. so next time, just lie to us and tell us that you haven't had anything to drink at all. if you're drunk, we'll smell it anyway and know you're lying" and he let me be on my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Correct on Ohio. However, that's why everyone needs to know there state law to the letter. In Ohio, we just got the right to carry in businesses selling liquor (restaurant, grocery store), but we can't consume. .01 blows us out of the water. Make sure you read the law and don't trust what your buddy told you.

Yup. I was happy to see that law changed! I always thought "who gives a crap WHERE I'm at, as long as I'm not drinking while carrying?" If the state has vetted us by doing a background check and has trusted us to carry a loaded weapon in public, then why can't they trust us to NOT drink while carrying in a bar? glad they allow that now! (carrying in an establishment that serves, not drinking while carrying)