Carrying while intoxicated - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying while intoxicated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

That is an idiotic comment. Every one has a right to self defense. I dont think you should carry if you are drinking. But, if you are at a bar and you start to get attacked, if you go to your vehicle to get your gun to protect yourself its justified. Just like felons are allowed to use guns to protect themselves. I believe its called Act of necessity. I someone armed tried to rob a felon at gunpoint he is able to attempt get the gun to protect himself. And when a cop comes to the scene he wont be arrested for felon with a weapon. His need to protect himself outweights his need to follow a law.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #132
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626
That is an idiotic comment. Every one has a right to self defense. I dont think you should carry if you are drinking. But, if you are at a bar and you start to get attacked, if you go to your vehicle to get your gun to protect yourself its justified. Just like felons are allowed to use guns to protect themselves. I believe its called Act of necessity. I someone armed tried to rob a felon at gunpoint he is able to attempt get the gun to protect himself. And when a cop comes to the scene he wont be arrested for felon with a weapon. His need to protect himself outweights his need to follow a law.
Huh? If you have the ability to stumble out to your car in a bar fight you have no right to get a gun and go back in. That's ridiculous.

I don't need No stinking signature.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #133

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
That is an idiotic comment. Every one has a right to self defense.
You should use the "quote" feature so we know who you are talking to.

My comment, "Drunks have no right to self defense." is to display the absurdity of the issue.
In lieu of the old standby; "Which part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not get?" Those of you who don't want armed drunks, need to formulate an argument that bans the unprotected element of the equation.

Last edited by The_Kid; 08-16-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo

Old 08-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Regarding the Department of Safety's "facts": Do you have a link to such facts? Saying "jerry said so" isn't a citation. You should be more familiar than most of us with the relevant websites, since you have been there to read the statistics; post up a link. These are the two statements i am curious . One of the main reasons i am curious is the impact of the size and habits of the individual tested.
Gotta link?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #135

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Anyone notice that with drunks and druggies have very little common sense and you just can't talk to them and get any point across. My dad was a drunk and died from it too.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #136

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
You should use the "quote" feature so we know who you are talking to.

My comment, "Drunks have no right to self defense." is to display the absurdity of the issue.
In lieu of the old standby; "Which part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not get?" Those of you who don't want armed drunks, need to formulate an argument that bans the unprotected element of the equation.
I apoligize. On my phone I only say the last post. So I didnt read any of the previous posts. I didnt get the sarcasm. Everyone has the right to self defense, even if it means against a child or the president.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

In NC it is illegal to have ANY amount of alcohol in your system while carrying. If I am planning on having a drink somewhere, the guns stay at home because I value keeping my permit.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #138
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1291 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 77

I have a Nano safe in my car. If I have a beer, I lock the gun in the safe. If I am in my wife's car, I put the gun in the trunk. Alcohol and guns don't mix. Last time I checked in FL you cannot get a beer at a range, or a gun show. Probably a good idea.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #139

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Only thing that amazes me is the fact that drinking & carrying a CW is even being discussed
If you're going to have a drink or twenty don't carry a weapon- period----
This! Seriously, is this conversation still going on? I carry every second I can, but it's locked up before I even crack one opened.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #140

Liked 2570 Times on 1671 Posts

I got off work and cracked no. 1 of 2 beers for the night in the garage. My .38 snubbie is still on me. The neighbors got broke into a couple weeks ago.
I will carry with a couple on my property, yes. Off my property, no way.

Feral cat waterboarder

The_Kid Likes This