Carrying while intoxicated - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying while intoxicated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I've made the decision, just because I chose to have ONE beer with a meal doesn't mean, in my opinion, that I should forfeit my right to protect myself or family. One beer isn't gonna alter my thinking or judgement and send me off the deep end if someone steps on my toe.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #102

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Ok honesty time. After a few beers or glasses of wine I get on youtube and watch Hickock45, Brandon401, Sootch, Humams4targets, thearmorychannel, and much more while dry firing... Judge me or not dont care. I jus dont want everyone of you to tell me you dont do something simar

Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #103

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdub

In my state the law states that as long as you are under.08 you can operate a car. What is wrong with having a few beers and driving home as long as your are lawful abiding? I'm sure I can have 2 beers and operate a car better than most people can sober. That being said I carry no firearm if I have any amount of alcohol.
What state do you live in?

Just so you know, MOST states have now changed their DUI/DWI statutes to now state:

"Impaired to the SLIGHTEST degree"

In the past 6 months I've arrested and successfully convicted 13 drivers that tested BELOW 0.08 BAC. One woman actually tested at .03 BAC, refused to submit to a Breath Alcohol Test, and was charged and convicted of Aggravated DUI.

One beer or 20, drinking and driving is drinking and driving.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #104

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-LEO View Post
What state do you live in?

Just so you know, MOST states have now changed their DUI/DWI statutes to now state:

"Impaired to the SLIGHTEST degree"

In the past 6 months I've arrested and successfully convicted 13 drivers that tested BELOW 0.08 BAC. One woman actually tested at .03 BAC, refused to submit to a Breath Alcohol Test, and was charged and convicted of Aggravated DUI.

One beer or 20, drinking and driving is drinking and driving.

Ok now you're getting into something totally different. wasn't the .08 set as the standard because less doesn't impair motor functions enough to effect driving? .03 whats that 1 beer ?

Yea , but then again we're arresting people for having veggie gardens in their yards and fining little kids for lemonade stands with no license so I guess logic has gone right out the window.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #105

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Damn phone cut my post off halfway.

Drinking even one beer and carrying is a damned foolish stunt also.

If you know you are going to drink, don't have your weapon. Or don't go somewhere that you will need to conceal and carry. Do it at home.

Possessing a CCP is just like anything else; it is a conscientious choice that we all make. One beer and your weapon makes you irresponsible. Sorry, it simply does. Drinking one beer and driving is the same story.

If you can't refrain from drinking and driving or drinking and carrying, you font deserve to have either of those licenses.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #106

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36

Ok now you're getting into something totally different. wasn't the .08 set as the standard because less doesn't impair motor functions enough to effect driving? .03 whats that 1 beer ?

Yea , but then again we're arresting people for having veggie gardens in their yards and fining little kids for lemonade stands with no license so I guess logic has gone right out the window.
Legally impaired is impaired. You can be impaired SLIGHTLY or HEAVILY; either way you could kill someone.

Studies have shown that a very large amount of crashes/deaths/severe injuries involving DUI/DWI were, in fact, less than .08 BrAC or BAC.

Think of it this way:

Driving after being awake 16 hours is the equivalent of having 4 beers in many people. That is impaired driving.

Taking a 10mg Percocet can impair you quite a bit, approximately the same as drinking 6-10 beers (depending upon your body's tolerance to Opiates).

Smoking one joint can impair you to the effect of up to 12 beers.

My point is this:

Impaired driving is impaired driving. Scientific studies show that the SLIGHTEST impairment can cause a collision or mistake in driving, delayed reaction, or slowed perception in as little as 0.5 seconds. At 65 MPH, 0.5 seconds us all it takes for your vehicle to T-Bone a vehicle that cuts you off or merges in front of you; the rest, to be honest, depends upon whoever has the tougher Guardian Angel.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #107

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

NM-LEO:
No disrespect, 1 joint equals up to 12 beers??? I'm saying bs. I've never felt any smoking equaled even one drink. This comes from when I was in college and was still young. I'm sure if I smoked a joint right now and you as a LEO compared me to someone with even a sixer in them there would be NO comparison. Weed isn't like beer/wine/liquor. I've never wrecked a car, been in a fight, or had unprotected sex after smoking weed. All these things happened to me or a friend as a kid while on alcohol. I know I'll catch heat for this, but this is my personal experience with THC. Again, no disrespect to you or any other LEO's.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #108

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

If a person has never smoked than yes first time could be bad, everyones body reacts differently. But to someone who smokes ir has smoked before. No way in hell it could EVER compare with alcohol. Trust me I know these things. Used to smoke alot when i was younger, not proud just saying I have first hand experience and most LEOs dnt

Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #109

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
NM-LEO:
No disrespect, 1 joint equals up to 12 beers??? I'm saying bs. I've never felt any smoking equaled even one drink. This comes from when I was in college and was still young. I'm sure if I smoked a joint right now and you as a LEO compared me to someone with even a sixer in them there would be NO comparison. Weed isn't like beer/wine/liquor. I've never wrecked a car, been in a fight, or had unprotected sex after smoking weed. All these things happened to me or a friend as a kid while on alcohol. I know I'll catch heat for this, but this is my personal experience with THC. Again, no disrespect to you or any other LEO's.
Hey that's your opinion. No harm no foul.

What's sad is that I'm quoting scientific fact.

I wasn't talking about a Jeff Spicoli, up all day, smoke all night stoner like GlockRenegade. Haha.

Studies actually do show that one joint can impair human motor function, speech, and perception at the sane rate as 1212 fluid oz beers.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #110

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade
If a person has never smoked than yes first time could be bad, everyones body reacts differently. But to someone who smokes ir has smoked before. No way in hell it could EVER compare with alcohol. Trust me I know these things. Used to smoke alot when i was younger, not proud just saying I have first hand experience and most LEOs dnt
Good for you

I was by no means a pot head but I tried weed a few times way back when. My best friend, two other friends, father, sister, and brother in law are all frequent, legal growers/smokers. They don't buy the bunk weed you probably had. No offense, but they are prescribed high grade hydroponic marijuana and they all grow stuff ranging from Maui Waui to purple kush, etc.

Out if curiosity Ive performed FSFTs on them all after they've smoked AND drank.

The results?

They all failed MISERABLY after smoking marijuana. This is people that gave been smoking for YEARS as medicine use!

The point is this:

You may not FEEL impaired after smoking marijuana. You may FEEL very impaired after 12 beers.
Fact of the matter is that THC and alcohol have different methods of action and serotonin reuptake on your brain.

THC, although you may not FEEL it, WILL impair you more easily and strongly than alcohol.