Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying while intoxicated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default Carrying while intoxicated

Okay guys I know a few people who carry after they have had a few beers while they're not totally drunk intoxicated and I do not think they would make a stupid decision after having a few beers I don't think it's right to carry even after one drop if I'm going out to drink I don't even bring my sidearm so i wanted to get everyone's honest opinion on if you carry if you've been drinking or if you've been taking pills or you know any thing that intoxicates you

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5468 Times on 2855 Posts
Likes Given: 354

no excuse for carrying aninking any ammount just as there is no excuse for driving under any ammount of intoxicant.

if you dont have enough self control and self worth to not consume 1 drop of alcohol while doing something that can cause severe injury to yourself your loved ones or a total stranger you have no business owning a car or gun.

i simply do NOT understand what is so blasted important about drinking while your driving or carrying a gun.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 08-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8633 Times on 3742 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

I no longer drink anything (diabetes covers that for you) so is no longer an issue for me- BUT back when I did, gun stayed home.

My best friend and our sons would do a bachelor hunting trip once a year. Agreement was, dinner over, guns cleaned and PUT AWAY, we would break out the bourbon and cards.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
no excuse for carrying aninking any ammount just as there is no excuse for driving under any ammount of intoxicant.

if you dont have enough self control and self worth to not consume 1 drop of alcohol while doing something that can cause severe injury to yourself your loved ones or a total stranger you have no business owning a car or gun.

i simply do NOT understand what is so blasted important about drinking while your driving or carrying a gun.
In my state the law states that as long as you are under.08 you can operate a car. What is wrong with having a few beers and driving home as long as your are lawful abiding? I'm sure I can have 2 beers and operate a car better than most people can sober. That being said I carry no firearm if I have any amount of alcohol.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I could imagine a lot of problems if one had consumed any alcohol and got into a situation that they needed to use their gun. :-(

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, in doing so some have entertained angels without knowing it"
hebrews 13:2

People Like This 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2758 Times on 1598 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

Life is full of options.

Option 1 is to carry.
Option 2 is to get drunk.

There is no sane reason to combine the 2 options together (that I can think of)

Heck, I don't even drive after 1 beer (my choice).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #7

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Carrying while intoxicated is dumber than voting for Obama.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #8

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Fireams and alcohol dont mix,Carrying a firearm while drinking is very irresponsible.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Vincine Likes This 
Old 08-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #9

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

The answer should be obvious ... don't mix firearms with alchohol ... but time and again it is show to not be so

a little aside - the NYPD has guidelines for it's undercover detectives that establish drinking protocols while on duty undercover at nightclubs/parties. That's right folks ... they permit their officers to consume while on duty in official capacity. this came to light on a botched gun grab at a club where officers went OK corral out in the streets, killing a civilian .... and finding NO illegal guns

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #10

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There has been a couple times where ive had a party at my buddys house swimming and ive had maby two beers at most. But i always locked my firearm in my truck and stopped drinking five or six hours before i went home. So there is no way i had any alcohol in my system and even if i did my wife has always with me and if i knew there was even a remote chance i let her hold it until we get home.