Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Carrying while intoxicated (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/carrying-while-intoxicated-69788/)

gearhead396 08-07-2012 12:45 AM

Carrying while intoxicated

Okay guys I know a few people who carry after they have had a few beers while they're not totally drunk intoxicated and I do not think they would make a stupid decision after having a few beers I don't think it's right to carry even after one drop if I'm going out to drink I don't even bring my sidearm so i wanted to get everyone's honest opinion on if you carry if you've been drinking or if you've been taking pills or you know any thing that intoxicates you

JonM 08-07-2012 12:50 AM

no excuse for carrying aninking any ammount just as there is no excuse for driving under any ammount of intoxicant.

if you dont have enough self control and self worth to not consume 1 drop of alcohol while doing something that can cause severe injury to yourself your loved ones or a total stranger you have no business owning a car or gun.

i simply do NOT understand what is so blasted important about drinking while your driving or carrying a gun.

c3shooter 08-07-2012 12:52 AM

I no longer drink anything (diabetes covers that for you) so is no longer an issue for me- BUT back when I did, gun stayed home.

My best friend and our sons would do a bachelor hunting trip once a year. Agreement was, dinner over, guns cleaned and PUT AWAY, we would break out the bourbon and cards.

Kdub 08-07-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 895231)
no excuse for carrying aninking any ammount just as there is no excuse for driving under any ammount of intoxicant.

if you dont have enough self control and self worth to not consume 1 drop of alcohol while doing something that can cause severe injury to yourself your loved ones or a total stranger you have no business owning a car or gun.

i simply do NOT understand what is so blasted important about drinking while your driving or carrying a gun.

In my state the law states that as long as you are under.08 you can operate a car. What is wrong with having a few beers and driving home as long as your are lawful abiding? I'm sure I can have 2 beers and operate a car better than most people can sober. That being said I carry no firearm if I have any amount of alcohol.

veronica 08-07-2012 12:58 AM

I could imagine a lot of problems if one had consumed any alcohol and got into a situation that they needed to use their gun. :-(

danf_fl 08-07-2012 01:04 AM

Life is full of options.

Option 1 is to carry.
Option 2 is to get drunk.

There is no sane reason to combine the 2 options together (that I can think of)

Heck, I don't even drive after 1 beer (my choice).

KeysKelly 08-07-2012 01:04 AM

Carrying while intoxicated is dumber than voting for Obama.

MrWray 08-07-2012 02:05 AM

Fireams and alcohol dont mix,Carrying a firearm while drinking is very irresponsible.

dog2000tj 08-07-2012 02:21 AM

The answer should be obvious ... don't mix firearms with alchohol ... but time and again it is show to not be so :(

a little aside - the NYPD has guidelines for it's undercover detectives that establish drinking protocols while on duty undercover at nightclubs/parties. That's right folks ... they permit their officers to consume while on duty in official capacity. this came to light on a botched gun grab at a club where officers went OK corral out in the streets, killing a civilian .... and finding NO illegal guns :rolleyes:

fupuk 08-07-2012 04:55 AM

There has been a couple times where ive had a party at my buddys house swimming and ive had maby two beers at most. But i always locked my firearm in my truck and stopped drinking five or six hours before i went home. So there is no way i had any alcohol in my system and even if i did my wife has always with me and if i knew there was even a remote chance i let her hold it until we get home.