carrying while driving - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying while driving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncampbell View Post
They are just suggestions from those that are willing to offer them. No need to get hostile.
You think that was hostile-
You shud see hostile
Honestly i cud not care less-
As a free law abiding American citizen i'll continue to follow the laws of the land i'm occupying at the time & exercise every right afforded to me in any given situation - I'll not bore or brag or bother a LEO with information he does not request, If he wants to know he'll ask
Anyone thinking a busy LEO wants to spend a extra few minutes listening to things he didn't ask for have at it-Maybe he won't write you a ticket since you told him ---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #62

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

When an unannounced 'gun' is seen by a LEO it is seen as a threat, and right fully so, it/you will be treats as a threat! So if you chose to disregard the common sense advise I have given you be prepared to suffer the consequences!!!
Why is it seen at a threat? Makes no sense.

Fact: it is legal for citizens without felonies to own and carry a handgun when properly licensed per state specification.

Fact: it is legal for citizens with concealed carry permit to possess a loaded handgun both inside and out of the car, again specifics to individual state law subject.

Fact: guns, quite literally cannot possibly be threatening, they're inanimate, they don't do anything by themselves.

End Of Story. If a cop doesn't like it then maybe he or she should rethink his/her profession. I'm sick of this infectious liberal irresponsibility that has run rampant in this country. Everything is everyone else's fault or problem. Grow the eff up!

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 12-13-2012 at 12:40 AM.
25-5 Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The times I've been pulled over the cop has thanked me for letting him know. I think that is the best way to go...but that's just my opinion, to each his own

Last edited by jimogden1984; 12-11-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Why is it seen at a threat? Makes no sense.

Fact: it is legal for citizens without felonies to own and carry a registered handgun.

Fact: it is legal for citizens with concealed carry permit to possess a loaded handgun both inside and out of the car. Inside the car is automatically considered concealed, no matter where in it.

Fact: guns, quite literally cannot possibly be threatening, they're inanimate, they don't do anything by themselves.

End Of Story. If a cop doesn't like it then maybe he or she should rethink his/her profession. I'm sick of this infectious liberal irresponsibility that has run rampant in this country. Everything is everyone else's fault or problem. Grow the eff up!
Fact: Your first fact is incorrect since you put in the word "registered" when talking about the gun. Many states, and I happen to live in one, don't require registering any firearm.

Fact: Your second fact is also incorrect. A gun laying on the car seat in Florida is not considered concealed and could result in the arrest of the CCW holder.

Before you make blanket statements about so-called facts you need to put in the disclaimer that what you are saying may not be legal in all states. Your so-called facts could very easily lead to the arrest of someone that violated their state laws by listening to your "facts"

Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
The times I've been pulled over the cop has thanked me for letting him know. I think that is the best way to go...but that's just my opinion, to each his own
Some here must get pulled over a lot
The point is really moot if you obey the traffic laws & keep you car 100% legal

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #66

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Some here must get pulled over a lot
The point is really moot if you obey the traffic laws & keep you car 100% legal
Well s*** happens.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Well s*** happens.
No arguement there but most times it has to pushed out or stirred with a stick

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #68

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

No arguement there but most times it has to pushed out or stirred with a stick
Well don't push too hard Hoss. You might blow an O-Ring.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #69

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Jump out of the car and hand the cop your handgun in a very aggressive manor. Ok all jokes aside, these fellows hit it on the head. Hand the cc licence to the officer with your licence.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #70
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

I agree after being on the street for over 20+ years in a major metro area I did appreciate the respect to be advised. And it certainly did not raise my blood pressure or adrenaline at all. I was far less worried about the honest person who advised me they had a valid CCW Permit and had a weapon than most all other individuals, although still observant obviously. If there was any criminal intent why in the world would they give you a heads up to a trained officer if they were planning on doing anything unethical or stupid. I always had the most respect for those who had a CCW. Normally if an officer is worth his or her salt sees the motorise with both hands on the steering wheel when he walks up it usually tells him or her one of two things. The person is an honest citizen and possibly with a CCW and in all probability armed. Or an individual with a past who knows the drill and wants no problems or misunderstanding with the law. I respected that as well.
By the way Krisims as you mentioned a CCW in the glove box of your car or truck will do you absolutely no good if a confrontation should occur outside of your vehicle. And honestly that is probably when it would happen. Eating, Shopping, Getting Gas and other places. Confrontations very rarely happens directly in the vehicle itself! Just be sure of state laws when traveling around the county and your state as well.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy