carrying while driving - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying while driving

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #51
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
25-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,434
Liked 853 Times on 616 Posts
Likes Given: 249

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
I keep hearing all of these comments about this state and that state, well do as I have advised and you are covered in ALL the states!
But, only ten states require the CCW immediately upon official contact.
__________________

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

25-5 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,173
Liked 2080 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 1022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
But, only ten states require the CCW immediately upon official contact.
As I said earlier, LEO's don't like to be 'surprised' by a weapon they are not aware of.
Why would anyone who is a responsible, respectable gun owner not inform the police when contacted that they are armed???????????
Why do people think police work is a 'game'??????
Put yourself in the shoes of the LEO! If you contact an unknown person, regardless of the reason, would you not want to know if they were armed or not????????
__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #53
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
25-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,434
Liked 853 Times on 616 Posts
Likes Given: 249

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
As I said earlier, LEO's don't like to be 'surprised' by a weapon they are not aware of.
Why would anyone who is a responsible, respectable gun owner not inform the police when contacted that they are armed???????????
Why do people think police work is a 'game'??????
Put yourself in the shoes of the LEO! If you contact an unknown person, regardless of the reason, would you not want to know if they were armed or not????????
I would just ask the person if he is armed. A LEO walks up to a car and does not think gun? They ask here in IL and we have no carry.
What do you mean by surprised? You never saw a gun before?
I have total respect for LEO and the job he does. I have talked to many. This is a non issue, since they always are prepared for a gun.
__________________

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

25-5 is offline  
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
As I said earlier, LEO's don't like to be 'surprised' by a weapon they are not aware of.
Quote:
Why would anyone who is a responsible, respectable gun owner not inform the police when contacted that they are armed???????????
Why do people think police work is a 'game'??????
Put yourself in the shoes of the LEO! If you contact an unknown person, regardless of the reason, would you not want to know if they were armed or not????????
Cause its nun of their dam business under "normal" conditions
Now if your being chased & then caught -------well guess it don't matter
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
25-5 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,173
Liked 2080 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 1022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Cause its nun of their dam business under "normal" conditions
Now if your being chased & then caught -------well guess it don't matter
WRONG! It is their business, 100%! You think policing is a game, you against them. This negative attitude is exactly the attitude that drives a wedge between the public and LE!!!
There are no 'normal conditions' in police work!!!!!
__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JimRau is offline  
Doc3402 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,173
Liked 2080 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 1022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
I would just ask the person if he is armed. A LEO walks up to a car and does not think gun? They ask here in IL and we have no carry.
What do you mean by surprised? You never saw a gun before?
I have total respect for LEO and the job he does. I have talked to many. This is a non issue, since they always are prepared for a gun.
When an unannounced 'gun' is seen by a LEO it is seen as a threat, and right fully so, it/you will be treats as a threat! So if you chose to disregard the common sense advise I have given you be prepared to suffer the consequences!!!
__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

WRONG! It is their business, 100%! You think policing is a game, you against them. This negative attitude is exactly the attitude that drives a wedge between the public and LE!!!
There are no 'normal conditions' in police work!!!!!
Amen brother. Coming from someone who works the profession, i can honestly say that its nice when someone discloses. It lets us know what we have in the vehicle for sure. But beyond that it lets us know the "responsibility level" if you will of the person we are approaching.
__________________
ncampbell is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
WRONG! It is their business, 100%! You think policing is a game, you against them. This negative attitude is exactly the attitude that drives a wedge between the public and LE!!!
There are no 'normal conditions' in police work!!!!!
Bullshet-
Why stop at offering the CCW info?
Tell them how much money is in your wallet-
Tell them your wife has a bad rash on her azz----
There are many "normal" conditions in police work- The ones i know want to make them as quick & painless as possible to all concerned parties--
You sound like a frekkin communist that demands total control in the "parties interest"
Rave on comrade---
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET


Last edited by HOSSFLY; 12-11-2012 at 05:57 PM.
HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
When an unannounced 'gun' is seen by a LEO it is seen as a threat, and right fully so, it/you will be treats as a threat! So if you chose to disregard the common sense advise I have given you be prepared to suffer the consequences!!!
That is why its concealed
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
Pasquanel Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Bullshet-
Why stop at offering the CCW info?
Tell them how much money is in your wallet-
Tell them your wife has a bad rash on her azz----
There are many "normal" conditions in police work- The ones i know want to make them as quick & painless as possible to all concerned parties--
You sound like a frekkin communist that demands total control in the "parties interest"
Rave on comrade---
They are just suggestions from those that are willing to offer them. No need to get hostile.
__________________
ncampbell is offline  
Doc3402 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Driving!!! BeyondTheBox The Club House 82 03-19-2013 04:00 AM
Texting & driving...... LONGHAIR The Club House 25 03-11-2012 11:50 PM
Driving me crazy!!! fmj AR-15 Discussion 19 03-08-2012 10:51 PM
Driving around Italy CourtJester The Club House 5 02-07-2011 05:41 AM
Some good driving... MGH The Club House 2 05-13-2010 05:44 PM