carrying while driving - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying while driving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
I hand my lcf to the cop with my drivers license. Here in pa we do not have to inform the officer but I do out of respect.
I do the same. And I am not required to either. A bunch of my friends are LEO. They say they appreciate it when someone lets them know. I got pulled over by a cop I didnt know. I was doing 52 in a 35. I was respectful. I admitted that I was speeding. He said he appreciated my honesty and let me go.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #12

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Helpful site...click on your state and read away. My state is a must inform state and my CCW comes up to the officer when he/she runs my tags so if I fail to inform I can be in a spot of trouble...Theres's one thing that can guarantee you will never have any problems whatsoever....

don't get pulled over!!

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 858 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 385

I'm not required to and I don't I work with LEO every work day and they don't either I'm not doing anything wrong and I owe no one an explanation as to how I dress or whether I'm carrying or not.
I'm a free American (so far) not looking for trouble so why complicate matters in a routine traffic stop by saying "Oh btw officer I'm armed!" I'm far more comfortable when no one knows just the kindly older gentleman never meaning no harm. I have lcf in ME, NH, MA, and of course VT has the best law of all! The peoples republic of Massachusetts is getting to be a real pain and seeing as how I seldom go there I may forgo the next renewal.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

In Wash. you don't have to tell and the permit isn't ,as far as I know attached to your car plates.That being said I always tell any LEO I come in contact with that I am legally carrying concealed.I haven't had that many interactions with them here, but I have never had a bad response.A WSP officer that was taking my statement after an accident ,came back and asked me what I was carrying and then how I liked my XD, as he was in the market for a new EDC weapon himself..

Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #15

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
...but, in the end they are the friend of a prosecutor, not yours.
Whatever you are asked, tell the truth and follow Leo's instructions, and be courteous.
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Down in Texas, you have to hand them both DL and CCW permit if you are carrying. If not carrying, then you can just give them ur DL but it will come up when they run ur DL so it is best to just give it to them. They ask if you are carrying and either yes or no. Plus it informs the officer I am a good guy (no felony's) and they are USUALLY more forgiving.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #17

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

In FL you have to have your DL and CCW when carrying. Informing isnt required here. I inform out of respect, usually they are cool if you do. Got pulled with a friend, he was speeding after a day at the range. We had prob 15 to 20 long and short guns in the SUV. I informed the LEO who started saying where's it at real angry like and put his hand on his sidearm. I think he was really scared and he looked like a rookie. I had my CCW and DL between my index and bird finger and had both hands in sight away from my body. I answered with IWB strong side which confused the crap outta him. After I told him in layman terms where it was, he told me to lean forward and he disarmed me. Ran the serial and gave it back to me unloaded and said since I cooperated he didn't need to hold me for hours while he ran all the other guns. He told me to take off my rig when I am in a vehicle in case I get pulled over. Bad advice btw, I do not recommend this. He also said it was surprising I was carrying the same as him, Glock with Gold Dots. Every other encounter has been much more peaceful. Like it's said above, don't surprise cops!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #18

Liked 283 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In Michigan by law you have to inform them if you have a firearm on you. Ive only been pulled over once with my Cpl and I was on my motorcycle on the way to my Lgs. He turned his lights on 30feet away from the enterance of my Lgs so I pulled in, parked and as soon as he got off of his motorcycle I told him I had my Cpl and I was carrying a firearm. He really didnt seem to mind. We talked about Harleys and guns for a minute and asked me where I was headed. I told him I was going to go look at a new carry weapon. He asked what kind and he said he carried a Sig off duty and told me a few pointers as to what would work for me as a carry weapon and off he went.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #19

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I would follow the laws of you're state.Every state is different in Fl it is my responsibility to let an Leo know that I have a weapon before anything else happens I do carry my ccl with my dl.I've yet to be pulled over but I know that I will need to have my hands in plain view declare my weapon and follow instructions.My bil was pulled over with his and the officers involved after about 15-20 min let him go without giving him a ticket for the original reason for the stood.Not saying that's what will happen to you.Know you're state laws.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #20

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

SigArmoerd
Did the law change or was I mistaken about FL? Any LEO's here have an opinion about declaring even when not required?