Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying while dressed semi formal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Tactipac fusion holster. Iwb etc.

Look into the Fusion holster from TACTIPAC.COM Anthony the co's owner has a video on YouTube on their Fusion IWB holster. I just received mine that I ordered for my SA XD40 gun, Fantastic holster for the $80.00 + free Shp & only waited 2 weeks for it to come. Nice holster check it out. Iv'e been wearing mine every day & it feels like I do not have a holster or gun on at all. I wish that I would of found this holster a few years ago. I think that you will be as impressed as I was with this holster.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #42

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunnin
I live in Arizona and we wear as little as possible with the heat. I have one of these and it's great with shorts and a tee tucked in. Also, it will handle everything from my Glock 27 to my AMT Automag lll. Very versatile.

http://www.concealedcomfort.com/
Man that looks like a great idea. I just watched the video but i dont know if i could carry a firearm that low in my pants? The only type of holsters i have are OWB. Never tried it in the waistband. But that is a great idea and looks like it would work great for anything.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #43

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I live in the Phoenix Area and would note jackets are not always an option. What if you manage a restaurant or sell cars? The J frame in a pocket may not be the most powerful or highest capacity gun. I can however carry it every where.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #44

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr

Did you get the FusionPac? I just contacted them to have one made for P938, which is not a standard option.
Yeah , I got the fusionpac . It's a great holster! It takes a little while to receive it but it's worth it!

image-1012255979.jpg

Old 08-22-2012, 04:19 AM   #45

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTap

Yeah , I got the fusionpac . It's a great holster! It takes a little while to receive it but it's worth it!
Is that similar to the belly band? My wife has been looking at getting a new holster for her j-frame but she usually never wears a belt so ive been looking at options for her.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk

Is that similar to the belly band? My wife has been looking at getting a new holster for her j-frame but she usually never wears a belt so ive been looking at options for her.
Yeah, it has velcro and elastic. I wear mine with gym shorts all the time. That's what drew me to it. It's comfy and versitile. I think it's great for someone that often wears no belt....The velcro in this pic is alot longer than you can see.

image-4164320202.jpg

Old 08-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #47

Liked 39 Times on 28 Posts

That would be nice to have no clips. How high up do you wear that?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
That would be nice to have no clips. How high up do you wear that?
The velco sits just below your normal pant line. The kydex ends up riding even with your pant line. Much like a crossbreed..... You can put where ever it's comfy for you.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #49
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

What about those holster shirts? I don't have any experience with them does anyone here?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #50

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Like someone else here, I'm something of a holster junkie. One thing I've found--for me at least--is that getting dressed with a tuckable holster is an exercise best done with three hands. A couple years ago I first heard of the belly band holster on a gun forum. While I rarely have to tuck a shirt over a gun, when I do, the belly band holster is what I use now exclusively. Main advantage in use is that the elastic band is wrapped around and attached to you, not your pants. You have infinite adjustability around yourself (no belt loop limitations) as well as up and down. Since the gun is in a kind of elastic pouch, the BB is pretty much a fit-all gun solution. I've even carried a full size 1911 in the BB.

The one I have I bought from amazon.com. They come in different waist size ranges, and they're available in black or white. If you carried a stainless compact 1911 with white grips in a white BB, I'll bet it would be undetectable. I usually have a black t-shirt, so a black BB and black gun are invisible.

The only drawback to the BB--other than the same drawback to any holster tucked under a shirt--is that reholstering requires two hands, since the elastic pouch goes flat when the gun is removed. I was a bit put off by the concept of the belly band when I first heard of it, but I figured for the price why not try it. The first time I used it when having to tuck a shirt I was sold. I will never again suffer with putting on a conventional tuckable holster. I sold my Crossbreed Supertuck along with my G19.

Bill
"If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. Then my police state would force everybody back to work."
-Paul Harvey, 1964
Guns? What guns? Oh, I haven't seen those since I left my garage door open one night by mistake.