Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying outside of home state?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Me and the wife are going on a trip on the bike next week. But I would really like a book that would explain each states laws to consealed carry. I know what states honor our permits but would like to know more about their laws in regards to traffic stops and where we can not carry. Ive found a couple on Amazon but dont know of a good book thats worth the money. Thanks in advance, going to the book store in the morning to see if I can find anything.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #2

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

If you and the Mrs. are heading down to Florida, the Florida Firearms book by Jon Gutmacher is all you need for any info on Florida gun laws. I recommend this book to everybody I know who owns firearms in the state. Hope this helps.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Fupuk, I buy 2013 United States Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States every year, carry it with me and have even used it to educate LEOs when a question came up! Very thorough and worth every penny.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6103 Times on 3348 Posts
Likes Given: 11723

You could get the Legal Heat app

Old 08-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Fupuk, I buy 2013 United States Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States every year, carry it with me and have even used it to educate LEOs when a question came up! Very thorough and worth every penny.
Thats the one I was looking at getting.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Thats the one I was looking at getting.
Make sure to update every year in January. Other than that, it rolls up into a bed roll or stuffs in a saddlebag easily.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #7

My bike dont have bags. Were just bringing a backpack and a change of clothes. It will be fun, we thinking taking a ferry across Lake Michigan to Milwaukee. Then ride to Sturgis and back through the upper peninsula and down to Ohio to meet up with one of buddys.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #8

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1375

Default Roadtrip !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
My bike dont have bags. Were just bringing a backpack and a change of clothes. It will be fun, we thinking taking a ferry across Lake Michigan to Milwaukee. Then ride to Sturgis and back through the upper peninsula and down to Ohio to meet up with one of buddys.
DANG that sounds like fun!!... Be safe and have a good time... in the meantime, have you seen this; http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_ccwrec.asp ...If it's up to date and accurate, it looks like you'll have no issue where you're going and back. Still, I agree having an up to date legal manual can save you some hassle. Again, have fun and know you're welcome here in my home state of North Carolina should you ever decide to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway...

Old 08-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2010 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Check out this website: http://www.handgunlaw.us

It's the first place I go before traveling while carrying.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 412 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
thank you for this posting. I just order this book from Amazon.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member