carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89

thats what id like but ive yet to find one contoured to my particular gun..seen glocks of all kind,1911's,XDs,etc but none for the sigma. I have currently a cheap lil IWB holster made from nylon or something and it suits the use but i just dont trust holstering in it with one chambered
Have you checked Blade-Tech by any chance? I forget what all they offer on the site, but I remember it being a decent selection. That's where I got my IWB for my XDM .40, wanna say it ran me $65-$70, got in a couple weeks.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Tommy has one for the Sigma. I'd suggest the horsehide option. http://www.theisholsters.com/holsters.php

Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

As far as one in the chamber you should do what makes you feel comfortable but, with the right holster and safe gun handling one in the chamber is the best way to carry.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #14

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
S&W sigma SW9VE 9mm
Most of the leather holsters for a Glock 22 should work with your Sigma, If you want a Kydex holster the Glock holster should still work, a hybrid holster like the Thesis brand should still work as Glock 22 is almost the same shape and size as the Sigma. I have a buddy with a Sigma and I will check it against my G22 to make sure.

Personally I do not like the nylon holsters for Glocks or Sigma's due to the chance of it folding into the trigger guard, just my .02

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #15

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

I’ve a G19, so I can’t speak for all trigger ‘safetyed’ pistols. All the Glock leg cases I remember reading about were due to something snagging the trigger when re-holstering, not when drawing, or the when a finger was inside the trigger guard when it shouldn’t have been.

If I was in an environment where I felt the need to carry, I think I would have one in the pipe (Look at me! I sound like a tuff guy! ). I would think you'd want to be able to shoot back even if you've been shot first. Having to rack a slide might be hard if you've been knocked to your ass and bleeding.

Last edited by Vincine; 05-16-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #16

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I carry a Kahr 9mm. If it ain't chambered its a rock, and expensive rock but still thats all it is. If a BG is with in 30 feet of you and wants you , you will not clear your pistol and rack the slide before the BG is on you. Chambered cut that to 21 feet. Even closer?? If chambered, you can maybe keep a BG at arms reach with one hand while back peddleing while still get to your pistol to fire on the BG . Not so with an empty chamber.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2741 Times on 1435 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Your pistol is a modern SAFE firearm. It is PERFECTLY safe to carry with one in the chamber. It has a passive firing pin block that will prevent it from firing if dropped (from a significant height). The trigger pull is sufficiently heavy to prevent discharge unless you intend to fire.

Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot and you will never have a problem.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #18

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Just carrying a handgun "tucked" in your pants is one of the unsafest things that you can do. You have a right to feel nervous, get a good IWB holster and you wont have to worry about it. Carrying a firearm with a chambered round is a must. Some people on here that have no experience with altercations while armed will tell you " i can rack the slide and load the gun in the same time it takes to draw it"....i highly doubt it... Well let someone grab you from behind or jump you around a corner and then see how much time you have. Always carry one in the tube

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #19

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

You carry how you feel comfortable. It doesn't matter on how we carry. Everybody has there own way.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #20

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I could go all medieval on you as I have (often) to others in the past but.........I won't.

I must first make my obligatory remarks;

1. "I don’t carry a gun dumbed down to be safe, I carry one that will be incredibly dangerous when I SAFELY remove it from my holster and blow some dirt bag’s heart out!"
  2. Racking a round to battery can be done in a heartbeat..........more than likely, your last heartbeat!
  3. If you are afraid of the gun you carry, maybe it's best you don't carry!"
OK, learning moment out of the way.

Living in PA I have two suggestions.
For winter/cool months, hands down, the Tommy Theis Concealment Holster.

http://www.theisholsters.com/holsters.php

You can e-mail Tommy and have him find the holster you need. He does return e-mails.

If you sweat a lot get it in horsehide. The J-clips are much more belt friendly.

For summer/hot months and the quick run to the 711 You can not beat the Remora "No Clip" Holsters.

http://remoraholsters.com/Home_Page.html

Call Jacqui (239)207-0602 and have her find the holster you need.

If you sweat a lot get it with the sweat shield.
Remember, if you call/e-mail any sellers be sure to tell them you saw their products here on the FireArmsTalk.com forum!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello