carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

I take no offense to your statement. I trust noone. Not little old ladies, not men in suits, etc.... When I walk to my car, I always have keys out and am looking around. I guess I'm going to stereotype myself here, but I have a lot of tattoos and am not usually the type of person that a stranger would mess with. To add to this, I am very rarely alone. My husband is my best friend and we go everywhere together so he would have my back. Thank you for your concern, but I have to live and carry in a way that works for me and what I am doing works. Where we live, it is wise to always know your surroundings.
While i respect that you have to do what you're comfortable with, i also look like someone you wouldn't wanna f**k with. 6' ft tall, 210 lbs with a 33" waist, tatts and everything else. I just plain look like a mean motherf**ker (even though i'm not) and i've been mugged a couple of times. I've had more than a couple guns shoved in my face and i can promise you, the BGs don't care what you look like if they think they can get what they want from you. I repeat my earlier point, if you're not comfortable carrying an automatic in condition 1, get a good revolver it will serve you well and give you peace of mind.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I can literally rack my gun while I'm pulling it out of my pocket so it's all good. Off topic a little but some of my 8th graders met my husband and were afraid to speak to him because they said he is scary and looks mean. He is my bad guy repellent. Haha

Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies

While i respect that you have to do what you're comfortable with, i also look like someone you wouldn't wanna f**k with. 6' ft tall, 210 lbs with a 33" waist, tatts and everything else. I just plain look like a mean motherf**ker (even though i'm not) and i've been mugged a couple of times. I've had more than a couple guns shoved in my face and i can promise you, the BGs don't care what you look like if they think they can get what they want from you. I repeat my earlier point, if you're not comfortable carrying an automatic in condition 1, get a good revolver it will serve you well and give you peace of mind.
What was the outcome of your attacks? Did you shoot them or even draw your gun?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

What was the outcome of your attacks? Did you shoot them or even draw your gun?
I was only armed during one of those incidents. Yes i did draw, fire, and kill the man threatening me. The investigation was over fairly quickly, the guy had a long history of violent crimes and there were 2 witnesses.

Most of the other incidents i simply complied, better to lose the $100 in your pocket than your life.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies

I was only armed during one of those incidents. Yes i did draw, fire, and kill the man threatening me. The investigation was over fairly quickly, the guy had a long history of violent crimes and there were 2 witnesses.

Most of the other incidents i simply complied, better to lose the $100 in your pocket than your life.
Yes it is always best to comply. Not quite sure why people argue over their purse, car, etc. Those things are all replaceable.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #106

Liked 263 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Yes it is always best to comply. Not quite sure why people argue over their purse, car, etc. Those things are all replaceable.
Jeff Cooper said, " There are worse things than dying heroically ".

Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop

Jeff Cooper said, " There are worse things than dying heroically ".
So being shot and killed because you don't want to lose your mercedes is heroic?

Old 05-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #108

Liked 315 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I can literally rack my gun while I'm pulling it out of my pocket so it's all good. Off topic a little but some of my 8th graders met my husband and were afraid to speak to him because they said he is scary and looks mean. He is my bad guy repellent. Haha
And without one in the chamber (at the start) there is a good chance that your action in trying to put one there, on the draw or whatever, could be bobbled.

I hear folks say they might drop a gun, or it could have a malfunction..............how they want to be uber safe in spite of themselves or others..............but then they trust themselves to manipulate such tooling under stress, in varying conditions.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #109

Liked 315 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Really, if somebody wants my car, wallet or whatever...........they're not getting it.

It's mine, not theirs.

Letting the badguys make the rules means they can play the game however they want, and often it doesn't just end with stealing.

Try to take my stuff in a threatening manner and die, pretty damn simple.

My stuff, my friggin' game. I win, they lose, screw the courts and papers.

But then I live in a decent state, allows for such defense

Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #110

Liked 263 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Good mindset, Hookeye.

PaysWithZombies : If you do not resist the goblin ( Jeff Cooper's term ) , you do nothing to deter future attacks on the good citizens and you lose your Mercedes . If you resist, you may win even if you have no gun-- and if you die, you die heroically because you stood up to evil for everyone's benefit .