carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure

ive been carrying for a lil bit now and im comfortable with it an all,even found s good driving spot for it..but ive only carried with 16+1 a few times n i was nervous as hell the whole time..i guess the idea of the gun for some reason goin off while its tucked in my pants is well scares me..i usually carry full mag but not cocked,but ik in a SHTF situation that one in the tube might be my saving bullet if there isnt time to rack the slide.So those who carry similar guns with out external safety and only a trigger saftey could you perhaps tell me if my fears are unfounded or not? thanx and i accept any critism from this,as this is somethin youd genarally learn in classes,etc..but in PA no class required so,i got the good people Fire Arms Talk to help me hopefully

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89
ive been carrying for a lil bit now and im comfortable with it an all,even found s good driving spot for it..but ive only carried with 16+1 a few times n i was nervous as hell the whole time..i guess the idea of the gun for some reason goin off while its tucked in my pants is well scares me..i usually carry full mag but not cocked,but ik in a SHTF situation that one in the tube might be my saving bullet if there isnt time to rack the slide.So those who carry similar guns with out external safety and only a trigger saftey could you perhaps tell me if my fears are unfounded or not? thanx and i accept any critism from this,as this is somethin youd genarally learn in classes,etc..but in PA no class required so,i got the good people Fire Arms Talk to help me hopefully
What pistol you carrying? I carry all my 1911s fully loaded hammer back.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
What pistol you carrying? I carry all my 1911s fully loaded hammer back.

S&W sigma SW9VE 9mm

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 05-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #4

Quote:

S&W sigma SW9VE 9mm
Good gun. Get you a good IWB holster contoured to your gun and it wont be a problem.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Good gun. Get you a good IWB holster contoured to your gun and it wont be a problem.

thats what id like but ive yet to find one contoured to my particular gun..seen glocks of all kind,1911's,XDs,etc but none for the sigma. I have currently a cheap lil IWB holster made from nylon or something and it suits the use but i just dont trust holstering in it with one chambered

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #6

By just tucked into your pants do you mean no holster? If so there's your first issue. Get a holster. Please.

I OC the Beretta PX4 Storm in my avatar pic. F converted to g, decocker only. (SA/DA) Always 14+1. At first I was a little nervous but it didn't take long to get comfortable carrying that way.

In the unfortunate chance I ever have to draw I will be ready.

I do practice with one chambered and without but I never carry without one in the pipe.

Your adrenaline will already have you at a disadvantage so why compound that by carrying a paper weight?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #7

And my bad on the holster comment we posted at the same time.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #8

Quote:

thats what id like but ive yet to find one contoured to my particular gun..seen glocks of all kind,1911's,XDs,etc but none for the sigma. I have currently a cheap lil IWB holster made from nylon or something and it suits the use but i just dont trust holstering in it with one chambered
Ask canebreak, c3shooter, or jonM which would be best. Cane would prob be your best bet though.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokin View Post
By just tucked into your pants do you mean no holster? If so there's your first issue. Get a holster. Please.

I OC the Beretta PX4 Storm in my avatar pic. F converted to g, decocker only. (SA/DA) Always 14+1. At first I was a little nervous but it didn't take long to get comfortable carrying that way.

In the unfortunate chance I ever have to draw I will be ready.

I do practice with one chambered and without but I never carry without one in the pipe.

Your adrenaline will already have you at a disadvantage so why compound that by carrying a paper weight?
Boldthis is why i wanna start carrying 16+1 because i don't wanna have to fumble around trying to chamber a round with adrenaline flowing if a situation were i need to draw my weapon comes up..i wanna be ready to defend myself/others if need be.

I think if i were to just start carring one in the tube regularly as u said id get used to the idea,just the initial hesitation to do it regularly has got me.

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Ask canebreak, c3shooter, or jonM which would be best. Cane would prob be your best bet though.

i think i'll PM him,as my google searches have turned up empty

S&W sigma 9mm