carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new oxford,PA
Posts: 214
Likes Given: 2

Default carrying with one in the chamber?..unsure

ive been carrying for a lil bit now and im comfortable with it an all,even found s good driving spot for it..but ive only carried with 16+1 a few times n i was nervous as hell the whole time..i guess the idea of the gun for some reason goin off while its tucked in my pants is well scares me..i usually carry full mag but not cocked,but ik in a SHTF situation that one in the tube might be my saving bullet if there isnt time to rack the slide.So those who carry similar guns with out external safety and only a trigger saftey could you perhaps tell me if my fears are unfounded or not? thanx and i accept any critism from this,as this is somethin youd genarally learn in classes,etc..but in PA no class required so,i got the good people Fire Arms Talk to help me hopefully

__________________

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

REDMIST89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89
ive been carrying for a lil bit now and im comfortable with it an all,even found s good driving spot for it..but ive only carried with 16+1 a few times n i was nervous as hell the whole time..i guess the idea of the gun for some reason goin off while its tucked in my pants is well scares me..i usually carry full mag but not cocked,but ik in a SHTF situation that one in the tube might be my saving bullet if there isnt time to rack the slide.So those who carry similar guns with out external safety and only a trigger saftey could you perhaps tell me if my fears are unfounded or not? thanx and i accept any critism from this,as this is somethin youd genarally learn in classes,etc..but in PA no class required so,i got the good people Fire Arms Talk to help me hopefully
What pistol you carrying? I carry all my 1911s fully loaded hammer back.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new oxford,PA
Posts: 214
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
What pistol you carrying? I carry all my 1911s fully loaded hammer back.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
S&W sigma SW9VE 9mm
__________________

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

REDMIST89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89

S&W sigma SW9VE 9mm
Good gun. Get you a good IWB holster contoured to your gun and it wont be a problem.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new oxford,PA
Posts: 214
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Good gun. Get you a good IWB holster contoured to your gun and it wont be a problem.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
thats what id like but ive yet to find one contoured to my particular gun..seen glocks of all kind,1911's,XDs,etc but none for the sigma. I have currently a cheap lil IWB holster made from nylon or something and it suits the use but i just dont trust holstering in it with one chambered
__________________

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

REDMIST89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
powerstrokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Default

By just tucked into your pants do you mean no holster? If so there's your first issue. Get a holster. Please.

I OC the Beretta PX4 Storm in my avatar pic. F converted to g, decocker only. (SA/DA) Always 14+1. At first I was a little nervous but it didn't take long to get comfortable carrying that way.

In the unfortunate chance I ever have to draw I will be ready.

I do practice with one chambered and without but I never carry without one in the pipe.

Your adrenaline will already have you at a disadvantage so why compound that by carrying a paper weight?

__________________
powerstrokin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
powerstrokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Default

And my bad on the holster comment we posted at the same time.

__________________
powerstrokin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89

thats what id like but ive yet to find one contoured to my particular gun..seen glocks of all kind,1911's,XDs,etc but none for the sigma. I have currently a cheap lil IWB holster made from nylon or something and it suits the use but i just dont trust holstering in it with one chambered
Ask canebreak, c3shooter, or jonM which would be best. Cane would prob be your best bet though.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new oxford,PA
Posts: 214
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokin View Post
By just tucked into your pants do you mean no holster? If so there's your first issue. Get a holster. Please.

I OC the Beretta PX4 Storm in my avatar pic. F converted to g, decocker only. (SA/DA) Always 14+1. At first I was a little nervous but it didn't take long to get comfortable carrying that way.

In the unfortunate chance I ever have to draw I will be ready.

I do practice with one chambered and without but I never carry without one in the pipe.

Your adrenaline will already have you at a disadvantage so why compound that by carrying a paper weight?
Boldthis is why i wanna start carrying 16+1 because i don't wanna have to fumble around trying to chamber a round with adrenaline flowing if a situation were i need to draw my weapon comes up..i wanna be ready to defend myself/others if need be.

I think if i were to just start carring one in the tube regularly as u said id get used to the idea,just the initial hesitation to do it regularly has got me.
__________________

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

REDMIST89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new oxford,PA
Posts: 214
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Ask canebreak, c3shooter, or jonM which would be best. Cane would prob be your best bet though.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
i think i'll PM him,as my google searches have turned up empty
__________________

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

REDMIST89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
One in chamber 11Handicap General Handgun Discussion 50 01-22-2012 02:14 PM
ANSI Chamber vs CIP Chamber danf_fl .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 1 01-03-2012 03:11 PM
One in the chamber? elglockeroloko30 Glock Forum 93 12-31-2011 03:11 PM
1 in the Chamber.... JamesO Revolver Handguns 13 01-19-2010 10:25 AM
Savage .270 win re-chamber Cloons411 Gunsmithing Forum 6 01-03-2010 01:49 AM