Carrying with no license.. - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying with no license..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
por último, estamos de acuerdo! :d

Чудеса не прекращаются?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Would you prefer constitutionalist, libertarian, or civil disobedient?
People who break laws are called criminals. I don't understand how you have a problem with the definition. Your "friend" is, by definition, a criminal by choice.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #83
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
People who break laws are called criminals. I don't understand how you have a problem with the definition. Your "friend" is, by definition, a criminal by choice.
So going back to the discussion of civil disobedience. Do you think there is a time when the law is unjust and should be disobeyed?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
So you believe any 'law' passed is 100% perfect because the government is the final authority of right and wrong and we must all obey like good little subjects????

ALWAYS LOVE YOUR COUNTRY, BUT NEVER TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT!!!!!

No one believes that all laws are perfect. That is why laws change over time with the attitudes of the people of the time. That is why we keep electing new "lawmakers."

We have, in place, several systems to change laws on local, state and federal levels. If you don't like a law, you have some choices; you can violate the law and face the penalty, you can work to change the law, but you can not, without penalty break or ignore the law. If we were able to do that, based on personal preference, there would be no law, and we would have anarchy and chaos.

The criminal justice system houses tens of thousands of people who thought that they had some "exemption" to the laws of the land. These prisoners have a society of their own, people can choose to join them, over philosophical issues, if they wish.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #85

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

No one believes that all laws are perfect. That is why laws change over time with the attitudes of the people of the time. That is why we keep electing new "lawmakers."

We have, in place, several systems to change laws on local, state and federal levels. If you don't like a law, you have some choices; you can violate the law and face the penalty, you can work to change the law, but you can not, without penalty break or ignore the law. If we were able to do that, based on personal preference, there would be no law, and we would have anarchy and chaos.

The criminal justice system houses tens of thousands of people who thought that they had some "exemption" to the laws of the land. These prisoners have a society of their own, people can choose to join them, over philosophical issues, if they wish.
Good stuff!!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #86

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Good stuff!!
I will choose to follow the law!! I don't care to be a sex object in a cell with nothing but men!! I wouldn't even take the slightest of chances of that happening!!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
So going back to the discussion of civil disobedience. Do you think there is a time when the law is unjust and should be disobeyed?
Yes, of course, but the person who disobeys the law has to be willing to face the judgement of their peers.

In other words, you had best feel so strongly about your need to be disobedient to you laws, that you are willing to face the consequences, because you may be forced to put your freedom where your mouth is.

Some people, through the ages, have become heroes for being willing to sacrifice their lives or freedom for a cause, but many, that we don't remember, have ended up swinging, ingloriously, from a tree limb, or rotting away in a cell.

Our founders left us with legal means to create good laws and remove unjust laws. If enough of your fellow citizens agree with you, it is not a difficult process. If you fellow citizens don't agree with you, you are still left with personal choices, but they have consequences.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
He is 'KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY' exercising his rights. The government is wrong on this one, just admit it or are you one of these people who believe the government is always right and the people and the Constitution are wrong???
No, I'm one of those people that actually understands the Constitution. I'm one of those people that can actually link one amendment to another to see how one affects the other. I'm one of those people that takes the entire document into consideration because I'm also one of those people that doesn't pick and choose the parts they like and then ignores the rest of it.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to concealed carry. It doesn't.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to open carry. It doesn't.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to purchase firearms at the age of 12. It doesn't.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to carry fully automatic weapons. It doesn't.

Nothing... let me repeat that... NOTHING about requiring you to have a permit to carry concealed violates the Second Amendment. You are still allowed to keep and bear arms, but under the Tenth Amendment the state is telling you how you will do it. They are allowed to do that because the Second Amendment does not specifically address all the things I mentioned above.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #89
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7441 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 15318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

In other words, you had best feel so strongly about your need to be disobedient to you laws, that you are willing to face the consequences, because you may be forced to put your freedom where your mouth is.
And that is what separates heroes from sheep and free men from slaves.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #90
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7441 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 15318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

No, I'm one of those people that actually understands the Constitution. I'm one of those people that can actually link one amendment to another to see how one affects the other. I'm one of those people that takes the entire document into consideration because I'm also one of those people that doesn't pick and choose the parts they like and then ignores the rest of it.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to concealed carry. It doesn't.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to open carry. It doesn't.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to purchase firearms at the age of 12. It doesn't.

Show me in the Second Amendment where it says we have the right to carry fully automatic weapons. It doesn't.

Nothing... let me repeat that... NOTHING about requiring you to have a permit to carry concealed violates the Second Amendment. You are still allowed to keep and bear arms, but under the Tenth Amendment the state is telling you how you will do it. They are allowed to do that because the Second Amendment does not specifically address all the things I mentioned above.
Sure it does. "Shall not be infringed."

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

axxe55 Likes This