Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying with no license..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 380 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 118

People are arguing that its ok for some to break the law but not others. Its ok for the government to stop some people carrying firearms and that law is ok and should be followed, but other laws are not ok and its ok to break them, if the guy carrying illegally was caught them he would be a criminal it just seems contradictory to me. PS My examples were at the top end of the criminal scale lets just say criminals no offence intended.

Last edited by manta; 06-29-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20827 Times on 11844 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I hate to pick nits here, but you can't call someone that purposely carries a firearm illegally a law abiding citizen. He is knowingly and willfully choosing to ignore the law.
you're right, but i think the general message i was trying to convey, should be able by most to understand my general view on that post and what my feelings are.

yes if someone breaks the law, they are no longer a LAC, but a law breaker, but lumping someone with that type of scum is wrong. i can condone and even respect someone for just being caught for illegally carrying, but a child molester or rapist, sorry but words can't truly convey what i feel for them.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1772 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
People are arguing that its ok for some to break the law but not others. Its ok for the government to stop some people carrying firearms and that law is ok and should be followed, but other laws are not ok and its ok to break them just seems contradictory to me. PS My examples were at the top end of the scale lets just say criminals no offence intended.
So you believe any 'law' passed is 100% perfect because the government is the final authority of right and wrong and we must all obey like good little subjects????

ALWAYS LOVE YOUR COUNTRY, BUT NEVER TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT!!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 06-29-2013 at 09:09 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #74
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20827 Times on 11844 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
People are arguing that its ok for some to break the law but not others. Its ok for the government to stop some people carrying firearms and that law is ok and should be followed, but other laws are not ok and its ok to break them just seems contradictory to me. PS My examples were at the top end of the scale lets just say criminals no offence intended.
you can think whatever you want. really doesn't mean a thing to us here, and frankly i have no interest in reading what you have to say.

i am done with this thread and have nothing further to add and will remove myself from the discussion.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1772 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I hate to pick nits here, but you can't call someone that purposely carries a firearm illegally a law abiding citizen. He is knowingly and willfully choosing to ignore the law.
He is 'KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY' exercising his rights. The government is wrong on this one, just admit it or are you one of these people who believe the government is always right and the people and the Constitution are wrong???

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #76
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6563 Times on 3586 Posts
Likes Given: 12845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

The Second Amendment makes no provision for open or concealed carry. The Second Amendment makes no provision for age of purchase. The Second Amendment makes no provision for long gun or hand gun. That's where the Tenth Amendment comes in giving each individual state the right to choose.
Illinois prohibits both concealed and open carry.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 06-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #77

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

So you believe any 'law' passed 100% perfect because the government is the final authority of right and wrong and we must all obey like good little subjects????

ALWAYS LOVE YOUR COUNTRY, BUT NEVER TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT!!!!!
When we start feeling that we have the right to pick and choose which laws to follow, we have become a dangerous society!! I agree 100%, some of the laws are wrong and goes against our fundamental rights!! Fighting and protesting to get the laws changed is miles better than breaking the laws cause we feel they are wrong!!

Old 06-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #78
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6563 Times on 3586 Posts
Likes Given: 12845

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

When we start feeling that we have the right to pick and choose which laws to follow, we have become a dangerous society!! I agree 100%, some of the laws are wrong and goes against our fundamental rights!! Fighting and protesting to get the laws changed is miles better than breaking the laws cause we feel they are wrong!!
Someone should have told Rosa Parks and the Freedom Riders they were going about civil rights all wrong.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 380 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Quote:
So you believe any 'law' passed is 100% perfect because the government is the final authority of right and wrong and we must all obey like good little subjects????
No I am sure I can find laws that I disagree with. If I feel strongly enough about it then there are things they can do legally to try and change the law. If that doesn't work then you can go down the road of trying to change the law by illegal means. If I did that then I would be a criminal and would have to face the consequences if caught if people decide to just obey the law they like and brake the ones they don't agree with that could cause problems. PS Apart from the rights and wrongs if the guy did use the firearm and killed someone then he could end up in jail for a long time.

Last edited by manta; 06-29-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #80

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
No I am sure I can find laws that I disagree with. If I feel strongly enough about it then there are things I can do legally to try and change the law. If that doesn't work then you can go down the road of trying to change the law by illegal means. If I did that then I would be a criminal and would have to face the consequences if caught if people decide to just obey the law they like and brake the ones they don't agree with that could cause problems.
I agree and if we all decided to pick and choose What laws to follow, than you would basically have no law!! Do we really want to even imagine that??