Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying with no license..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I think the unaddressed "1200 pound" Mastodon
Thats a right skinny mastodon

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #112

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Money has been the biggest reason he hasn't got one yet. I talked to him again about it and he is going to get one soon. I told him I would chip in on it long as he pays me back someday. Much better than the consequences

Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
Money has been the biggest reason he hasn't got one yet. I talked to him again about it and he is going to get one soon. I told him I would chip in on it long as he pays me back someday. Much better than the consequences
You are what I would call a good friend. Well done. I hope he takes you up on your offer.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #114

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

You are what I would call a good friend. Well done. I hope he takes you up on your offer.
Mighty kind of you!! If you have to help him make that decision, not sure if he is ready! Just my thoughts!!

Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #115

Liked 39 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
Somehow when they came up with the line, "Freedom isn't free" I don't think this is what they had in mind

Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #116

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

I'd say it depends on the penalties in your jurisdiction... and if your "buddy" ... is willing to live with the consequences.

IMHO needing a permit IS a violation of the bill of rights. In essence it's the practice of charging a fee to exercise a civil right, which is unconstitutional.

Tack

People Like This 
Old 07-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here in AZ we can carry open or concealed without a CCW. I have mine and several in other states as well mainly for reciprocity ....and to stay legal.

Pat

Endowment Member NRA, Ambassador Life Member Front Sight, Member USCCA

'Nobody knows what I do until I don't do it'
People Like This 
Old 07-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #118

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyPat
Here in AZ we can carry open or concealed without a CCW. I have mine and several in other states as well mainly for reciprocity ....and to stay legal.
If you really want to get into Az law, 21+ can cc or oc without a permit. 18-20 (thats me!!) can only open carry, which, to me, sucks. Some day ill go to he Az board an get that discussion going.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #119

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I'd say it depends on the penalties in your jurisdiction... and if your "buddy" ... is willing to live with the consequences.

IMHO needing a permit IS a violation of the bill of rights. In essence it's the practice of charging a fee to exercise a civil right, which is unconstitutional.

Tack
Well stated. Also asking the Government permission to exercise a right takes the Second amendment from the status of a right recognized by the Constitution and regulates it the role of a privilege granted by the government.
No one would suggest that we prevent libel or internet bullying by requiring a license to access the internet or by requiring prior government approval of face book posts. Why then do we accept licensing requirements and background checks?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #120

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona View Post
Well stated. Also asking the Government permission to exercise a right takes the Second amendment from the status of a right recognized by the Constitution and regulates it the role of a privilege granted by the government.
No one would suggest that we prevent libel or internet bullying by requiring a license to access the internet or by requiring prior government approval of face book posts. Why then do we accept licensing requirements and background checks?
Excellent questions... my only answers would be because that's the system we had when I "arrived".

I would note that growing up, the notion of people carrying concealed handguns was... well... nuts, I mean, only "criminals" did that, right?

But nowadays it's pretty common place so things seem to be moving in the right direction.

However, the "asking permission thing" is why over the last year or so, I have really begun to embrace OC.

I've been a CC guy for 17 years but something about knowing that while OCing I'm under NO obligation to "show my papers"... strikes a chord with me.

Tack