Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying with no license..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1121 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
And that is what separates heroes from sheep and free men from slaves.
It also what separates free men from criminal inmates, and the living from the dead.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6093 Times on 3343 Posts
Likes Given: 11678

Suppose a law were passed banning civilian possession of firearms. Would you turn yours in?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20030 Times on 11390 Posts
Likes Given: 50532

Quote:
Suppose a law were passed banning civilian possession of firearms. Would you turn yours in?
but of course he would, because Obama told him it was in his best interests.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #94

Liked 26 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
That would violate the constitution. Carrying a firearm in public against state law violates your state's law. Big difference.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #95

Quote:
Sure it does. "Shall not be infringed."
McCool, you need to think this through a bit.

If you take that quote literally. with the term "shall" as meaning, "without exemption", then you would believe that there is no situation in which the ability to keep and bear arms could be limited.

If that were the case, it would be illegal to disarm the insane, the felon, the prisoner,or the child. That would mean that a paranoid schizophrenic could be able to play with machine guns across the street from the school yard, where your children play, and that there would be nothing you could do about it. Do you really believe that that is what the founders intended?

If you accept that there are some acceptable restrictions, then it become a matter of our lawmakers to make laws to take care of the needs of the present society. It can not be an absolute right and still have some restrictions, that is a contradiction of terms.

The good thing about this system is that you have the means to change the lawmakers if they make decisions that you disagree with.

Carl Sagan

Old 06-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Sure it does. "Shall not be infringed."
Do us all a favor and read the Tenth Amendment.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #97

Quote:
I don't know what I would do.

Maybe, if I saw my neighbor, down the street, dragged from his home and summarily executed, along with his wife and children, for hiding grandpa's shotgun, I would drag all of my guns to the curb. Hell, I might just help toss them on the back of the dump truck and offer the Nazi thugs a cup of coffee.

Maybe you would do the same in the circumstances. No man knows how he would react to such a picture until the day comes. It is easy to be a keyboard hero and say what you would and would not do, but it is another thing to live the situation. I would like to think that I would go Rambo and live the partisan lifestyle, but I am a bit long in the tooth to do much running and gunning. After all of my happy years, I would really prefer to die in bed of a well deserved heart attack.

You can find, in recent past history, situations exactly like the above, but, not in this country. Personally, I do not worry about it. I do not think that my firearm ownership is in jeopardy, and nothing I have seen recently, leads me to be pessimistic.

Obama and a lot of other folks hate guns...So What? They haven't been able to do anything more dangerous than talk about it. No restrictive national legislation has passed. Some states have passed silly laws, but it is the majority of their voters want. If the people don't like what their states have done, there is always a new election around the corner.

None of the NRA propaganda has come to fruition either. If all of the dire consequences that the NRA has promised, that was just around the corner, had happened, none of us would own guns and talk about it on the world wide web. Every freaking month I get a desperate bulletin from those guys about the end of the gun owner's world coming. I think that they need a corporate Valium instead of a check.

In the last ten years or so, I have seen firearm restrictions lifted, not enhanced. My state has excellent protections for firearm owners, passed in justthe last few years. In the last 10 years, I have gotten a FFL, gotten a CCW and have bought in the neighborhood of one hundred firearms for my personal collection. I don't hide any of them in PVC pipe in the back yard either.

I certainly do not agree with everything our government does, and I will throw a hissy-fit, if we put boots on the ground in another goddam Muslim hell-hole, I just do not care what the Syrians do to each other, but I do not fear the government either. We have a long and stable history, and I see no reason for that to change in my lifetime.

You young folks may f**k all of that up, and I see more than a few who would like to see it happen, but I will be gone and not have to worry about it.

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 06-29-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #98

Liked 26 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I don't know what I would do.

Maybe, if I saw my neighbor, down the street, dragged from his home and summarily executed, along with his wife and children, for hiding grandpa's shotgun, I would drag all of my guns to the curb. Hell, I might just help toss them on the back of the dump truck and offer the Nazi thugs a cup of coffee.

Maybe you would do the same in the circumstances. No man knows how he would react to such a picture until the day comes. It is easy to be a keyboard hero and say what you would and would not do, but it is another thing to live the situation. I would like to think that I would go Rambo and live the partisan lifestyle, but I am a bit long in the tooth to do much running and gunning. After all of my happy years, I would really prefer to die in bed of a well deserved heart attack.

You can find, in recent past history, situations exactly like the above, but, not in this country. Personally, I do not worry about it. I do not think that my firearm ownership is in jeopardy, and nothing I have seen nothing, recently, leads me to be pessimistic.

Obama and a lot of other folks hate guns...So What? They haven't been able to do anything more dangerous than talk about it. No restrictive national legislation has passed. Some states have passed silly laws, but it is the majority of their voters want. If the people don't like what their states have done, there is always a new election around the corner.

None of the NRA propaganda has come to fruition either. If all of the dire consequences that the NRA has promised, that was just around the corner, had happened, none of us would own guns and talk about it on the world wide web. Every freaking month I get a desperate bulletin from those guys about the end of the gun owner's world coming. I think that they need a corporate Valium instead of a check.

In the last ten years or so, I have seen firearm restrictions lifted, not enhanced. My state has excellent protections for firearm owners, passed in justthe last few years. In the last 10 years, I have gotten a FFL, gotten a CCW and have bought in the neighborhood of one hundred firearms for my personal collection. I don't hide any of them in PVC pipe in the back yard either.

I certainly do not agree with everything our government does, and I will throw a hissy-fit, if we put boots on the ground in another goddam Muslim hell-hole, I just do not care what the Syrians do to each other, but I do not fear the government either. We have a long and stable history, and I see no reason for that to change in my lifetime.

You young folks may f**k all of that up, and I see more than a few who would like to see it happen, but I will be gone and not have to worry about it.
Thank you for this well thought out post.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #99

double post

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 06-29-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: double post

Old 06-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #100

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The Second Amendment makes no provision for open or concealed carry. The Second Amendment makes no provision for age of purchase. The Second Amendment makes no provision for long gun or hand gun. That's where the Tenth Amendment comes in giving each individual state the right to choose.
The 2A makes no provision for the type of weapon either but so many rail against any bans of a certain type of weapon. It's the we can only have a musket argument. If the 2A can and/or should protect modern weapons then why would the baring of them not be OK as well?
The 2A stands on it's own or does not. I for one am not too willing to allow the left's favorite tool of dating the text of the 2A to be the factor that allows laws that curtail our rights. It's not just about muskets and it's not about allowing states to infringe on my rights as explained in the BOR. If the 2A can be limited this way then every other right we are supposed to enjoy can be as well. Sure it happens but every instance of this should be fought against.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

MisterMcCool Likes This