Carrying a Glock loaded concealed vs unloaded - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying a Glock loaded concealed vs unloaded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks for the words of advice HighSpeed, I appreciate it. I guess it boils down to my concern about a negligent discharge versus the need to save that extra second it will take to chamber a round. For now, the fear of the negligent discharge probably wins the debate, but this is my first Glock and as I become more comfortable with the weapon that may change.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #52

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Find yourself a GOOD holster and practice a lot with and without live ammo. With an empty weapon practice drawing,mag changes and just wearing your new rig. You need to get comfortable with your equipment. In the end if you can't get comfy then try carrying a revolver instead.

Noblesse Oblige

Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #53

Liked 2644 Times on 1193 Posts
Likes Given: 2551

So what good is it if you can't carry it loaded? Makes me want to run right out and buy a glock.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #54

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The trigger on a Glock pistol is SO BAD, relatively speaking, that it would take quite an effort and a LOT of intent to disengage the trigger safety AND pull the trigger hard enough to discharge the weapon.

If you don't want to carry one chambered, don't. That would COMPLETELY eliminate the chance of an accidental discharge. But remember you have to rack the slide and chamber a round to be ready to go, and time is money when it comes to tense situations.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #55

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I trained for several months before I would carry my Glock, only when I felt confident with my draw from my holster did I start to carry it. I always keep one in the pipe, racking the slide is slow and kinda like a warning, if I am drawing my weapon you get no warning.

Remember to smile and wait for the flash.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #56

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

"Keep your boogerhook off the bang switch and the gun will not go off."

Well, I guess you caught me pickin my nose!
Darned web cams anyway!
You guys crack me up. LOL!

I've only shot my Neighbors Glock, .45ACP. I found it to be a very sweet shooting firearm. Light and accurate. I never thought I would like a non-metallic pistol. I think I have changed my mind.
Might be more fun than the 1911 Government Model I currently use.
But I have a love for blued steel.
My Step-Son has a Taurus in .45ACP and it is so short it tends to hurt quick at the range because of the wrist snap. But nice sights. Nice CCW, IMHO.