Carrying a Glock loaded concealed vs unloaded - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying a Glock loaded concealed vs unloaded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Train to carry a round in the chamber.

I know that the Israeli military trains this way, but if you have the choice learn to carry it "loaded."

When the SHTF that is one less thing you have to worry about.

However, train as you fight, and you will fight as you train. Train often.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" -Ronald Reagan

Old 01-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #32

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBEN View Post
As long as you wear a holster and carry with the safety on,why not?
Regardless of a safety....or the fact that OP specifically said GLOCK.

If I'm in an area where I suspect bad things could happen, the safety on the HK is clicked off, therefore I'm carrying cocked with no safety but my finger.

KEEP YOUR BOOGER HOOK OFF THE BANG SWITCH.!!!!!!!!!

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #33

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think the poster that claimed that racking the slide while drawing only adds a couple hundredths of a second is full of it. Try doing that under a real world situation where your life is in danger. That's when almost all thought processes are canceled out and you lose fine motor skills as your brain kicks into fight/flight mode. I've said it before and I'll say it again-a unloaded gun makes for a very poor club.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #34

Likes Given: 5

This will give you another view. (The Isreali Draw)

pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » The “Israeli” Draw

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #35

Liked 2915 Times on 1314 Posts
Likes Given: 2764

That mode of carry and draw maybe fine for games but in the real world you may need your weak hand to fend off a close attacker while you draw. Now what? When you carry with an empty chamber you are assuming that you will always know when, where and how you will be attacked. We all know what happens when you ASSUME.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #36

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Ben How do you put the safety on on a glock I have never owned one but my buddy tells me you have to turn it upside down hop on one leg and change all hail gaston three times is this true?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #37
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1437 Times on 728 Posts
Likes Given: 1050

Carry hot or carry not.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #38
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2980 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

Robo

I do not have any idea what class of police officer would tell anyone to keep an empty chamber for personal protection. Maybe one that does not want anyone carrying as mentioned or one of those that is stupid enough to believe he could do his job without one! But I will guarantee you they do not an empty chamber! And if they do they are dumber than dumb.
After 20+ years of being an LE Firearms Instructor and Range Master for a Metro we only had around 5 Unintentional Pistol Discharges every one of them caused by a *severe case of cranial rectitis! Finger on trigger prior to getting on target. Many were not a problem because the weapon was facing down range which resulted in mostly embarrassment and some adjusting to practices.
In regard to carry for CCW the correct holster is a main factor. I carry a Model 27 40 Cal Glock all the time for CCW and have a Fobus Paddle Holster that covers and protects anything from contacting the trigger until the weapon is removed.
Best thing to get is a good safe holster and practice!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #39
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2980 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

Browiningauto

Did not mean to rule you out on my response since it was initially your question but addressed it back to Robo to agree and confirm what he said in his post. Check out the holsters and don't worry about it. Just have safe handling habits, train and be prepared! If it happens ever it will not usually come pre-announced and God help anyone with an empty chamber!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #40
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1437 Times on 728 Posts
Likes Given: 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
...I do not have any idea what class of police officer would tell anyone to keep an empty chamber for personal protection....But I will guarantee you they do not an empty chamber! And if they do they are dumber than dumb...

x2. A few months ago two Tampa cops were shot dead--both in the face--by a suspect who whipped out a concealed 9. pop pop pop pop--it happened that fast. They died with their weapons in their holsters. When the s**t can hit the fan with such blinding speed, it makes no sense at all for any LEO to go on duty with an empty pipe.