Is carrying concealed extra mags worth it? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Is carrying concealed extra mags worth it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I generally have nothing in my front pockets anyways, so there is always room in one of them for a spare mag. I used to smoke, and I can tell you that walking around with a pack of smokes in my pocket was way more uncomfortable than an 8rnd single stack mag.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #102

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I have often wanted to write a really long reply and make sure that I don't really use any punctuation and make the sentence long, but meaningless in the attempt to convey my thoughts to the reader who might like long sentences and run on paragraphs that make eyes roll back in their heads as they try to get through all of the words written on a reply to the reader of the sentences above but not really reading anymore because long sentences and paragraphs are really hard to follow but look like their is a lot of energy and thought going on in the long sentences with no punctuation and more words that one or two people could think possible in one paragraph without taking a breath or anything else that really helps the reader get through the thoughts that may have been coherent but get lost in a blather of words sprawling across the screen like teletype gone crazy after a power spike and a backlog a phase shift baudot waiting to clatter and clack out something that is really sounding important but may only be random characters or maybe the most important thing on earth but nobody would know because the sentence is so long that no really can make their way throught it so it makes sense that an extra mag may take the form of popular mechanics or life magazine that is no longer published but is worth having in a pinch.

Left Turn executed.
ehm...you used a comma and period.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #103

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Your right, he did use a coma and a period. Shame shame ~

Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #104

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by VannMann View Post
Your right, he did use a coma and a period. Shame shame ~
He used a comma & two periods but--------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Bingo!

I cary reloads for ^^THIS^^ reason AND because most defensive shootings I've looked at resulted in the shooters gun running dry.

Fleeing the scene does not look good and standing around waiting for LEO's with an empty gun is not very appealing either.

Thugs usually have buddies.

Tack
I concur. I carry a Glock22 with two spare mags.

“Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!” - Harry Callahan

Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #106

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

I keep 4 total. 9mm 16 rounds

In Center console or on belt depends

Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #107

Likes Given: 27

I usually carry a Glock 27 w/a 9+1 magazine, plus one in the chamber, as well as when I'm outside the house have two 15 round G-22 mag's on me. I was taught to have at least one spare mag in case you have an issue caused by the magazine and added the second spare mag 'caues I was a Boy Scout. Plus, I believe in the thinking of "Two is One, One is None" that a lot of Preppers I've read about like to say.

Oh, and I have two 13 round G-23 mags and two 15 round G-22 mag's in the center console of my vee-hickle.

I don't set out to look for trouble, but you never know when trouble might find you.

"Zombies. Man, they freak me out."

Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #108

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Carrying at least one reload is worth it, if only for the fact that you might have to remedy a malfunction.

As noted earlier, bad guys often travel in groups. Better to have more than enough to give them all lead poisoning, should it come to that.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default FBI stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Here's my take on the extra mag discussion.....some make the point that its statistics that in a defensive shootout you won't need more than a couple shots and the possiblility of needing more is slim.

In my opinion making the same argument id say leave your pistol at home because the chance of needing it is also slim.

My point is isn't it better to have something and not need it than to be screwed because you don't have it. My truck has a spare tire under the bed but I keep it there even though I've only used it once in 6 years.

That argument doesn't hold water in my opinion. A fully loaded 1911 mag doesn't weigh that much, so its not gonna cause me to leave it behind.
When looking at the stats on the average number of rounds used in a shooting, remember, suicides are included in those stats and are almost always one shot. ;} That skews the average downward significantly. So, the average of 1.6 or 2.3 or whatever it is this year or last is not what one wants to base their own carry strategy on. Guns are mechanical and so are mags, machines malfunction; carrying an extra mag is not that big a deal when one is betting their life on their gun and their skill. I carry an extra mag in a fine Galco pocket pouch and never know it's there. Why not?! It's only my life.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #110
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1856 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 5539

An incident that I am still thinking about.
A near by grocery store had a flash-rob during the night shift.

Several employees got beat up by about 20 people that flash robbed the place.

My son's think that they would have run if a gun was produced, or if a shot was fired.
I'm not too sure what the outcome would be if one of them was armed.

I know that 20 would test my limits if they chose not to run.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL