Is carrying concealed extra mags worth it? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Is carrying concealed extra mags worth it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL
I have often wanted to write a really long reply and make sure that I don't really use any punctuation and make the sentence long, but meaningless in the attempt to convey my thoughts to the reader who might like long sentences and run on paragraphs that make eyes roll back in their heads as they try to get through all of the words written on a reply to the reader of the sentences above but not really reading anymore because long sentences and paragraphs are really hard to follow but look like their is a lot of energy and thought going on in the long sentences with no punctuation and more words that one or two people could think possible in one paragraph without taking a breath or anything else that really helps the reader get through the thoughts that may have been coherent but get lost in a blather of words sprawling across the screen like teletype gone crazy after a power spike and a backlog a phase shift baudot waiting to clatter and clack out something that is really sounding important but may only be random characters or maybe the most important thing on earth but nobody would know because the sentence is so long that no really can make their way throught it so it makes sense that an extra mag may take the form of popular mechanics or life magazine that is no longer published but is worth having in a pinch.

Left Turn executed.
Love this. You're terrible! Hshahaha I can laugh at myself, I know I tend to do this a lot! Lol!!!
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #92

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I have often wanted to write a really long reply and make sure that I don't really use any punctuation and make the sentence long, but meaningless in the attempt to convey my thoughts to the reader who might like long sentences and run on paragraphs that make eyes roll back in their heads as they try to get through all of the words written on a reply to the reader of the sentences above but not really reading anymore because long sentences and paragraphs are really hard to follow but look like their is a lot of energy and thought going on in the long sentences with no punctuation and more words that one or two people could think possible in one paragraph without taking a breath or anything else that really helps the reader get through the thoughts that may have been coherent but get lost in a blather of words sprawling across the screen like teletype gone crazy after a power spike and a backlog a phase shift baudot waiting to clatter and clack out something that is really sounding important but may only be random characters or maybe the most important thing on earth but nobody would know because the sentence is so long that no really can make their way throught it so it makes sense that an extra mag may take the form of popular mechanics or life magazine that is no longer published but is worth having in a pinch.

Left Turn executed.
And we're off
People Like This 
Old 11-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #93

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

Left Turn executed.
Well looks like you screwed this up too. I counted 3 punctuation marks
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #94

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol

well looks like you screwed this up too. I counted 3 punctuation marks
😳............

Old 11-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Well looks like you screwed this up too. I counted 3 punctuation marks
True, but two are ending the suffering
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #96

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I don't know, the guys who carry bazookas always have a reload.

What if you are attacked by a tank or APC?

OH, GOD, you MIGHT DIE ! ! !

Old 11-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I don't know, the guys who carry bazookas always have a reload.

What if you are attacked by a tank or APC?

OH, GOD, you MIGHT DIE ! ! !
Sum these guys outta just hire backpackers to follow them around to carry xtra guns & ammo like the great white hunters in africa

Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #98

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Sum these guys outta just hire backpackers to follow them around to carry xtra guns & ammo like the great white hunters in africa
Love it! It's Sherpa time.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #99

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe

Just out of curiosity, how would you conceal carry your AR?

You may be a great shot at the range and hunting etc., but if you believe you're such a great shot try this:

Set up 2 targets. With your carry weapon, aim well and empty one magazine at target one in as rapid fire as your range would allow. Then run 100 yards. Next, grab that same gun and fire your next magazine at target two.

Now compare results and ask yourself the same question...

Oh, and if you do so, please feel free to show your work on the Forum...
Well being I'm what most people call "ONE BIG SUM BITCH!" concealing just about anything is possible. May look goofy but It can be done.

As for the advice, (great advice btw) I have done this before and used to do it almost every weekend. I used to chase hogs into brush and pastures all night long and shoot then once i got close enough. Hogs are scarier than a crackhead with a gun IMHO. Hogs take multiple shots and can tear your leg off no problem so shot placement and speed are the reasons I have never been bitten by a hog. So yes I'm sure under pressure I can handle myself in accuracy and before anybody says well a hog won't shot back, I understand. The point is with adrenaline and being out of breathe while shooting, I have done this and I'm confident in my abilities.

Everybody needs to chase hogs through the brush once, it's tons of fun.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #100

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2032 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 6091

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBear View Post
Everybody needs to chase hogs through the brush once, it's tons of fun.
I'm in. When do I drop by.
My son and I would love to chase 'em. He works, but I can show up most anytime.