carrying concealed. can openly show my double mag pouch on my belt? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying concealed. can openly show my double mag pouch on my belt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrowning View Post
I hope you open carry people don't get sued by a justifiable shooting victims family saying you were looking for trouble. It is said in CC you look like a gun freak if you shoot someone with reloads, and is recommend to use a dao so all your shots take a little effort or at least appear that way.
I agree. If you ever do have to defend yourself via deadly force you'd best look squeaky clean in every way possible. Just look at the mess George Zimmerman is in. I have and often carry a SA Para Ordnance Warthog, but would be better off with a DA CZ 2075 RAMI or something like that. Whenever I can adequately conceal it I carry a Stoeger 8040 Cougar, a DA .40 S&W. But if you are ever attacked while open carrying and survive, you'll be dragged thru Hell trying to prove that you didn't start the trouble.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:59 AM   #42

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange
To the OP, where are you in Florida? There may be open carry events in your area that you take part in.

Open carry is legal while fishing and camping in Florida, check with the chief of police first,make sure he or she understands the statutes and get confirmation that it wont be an issue.

I met with mine and it went well. He had the city attorney on the line to review the statutes, I was pleased to hear that both are in support if my rights.
I go fishing at the jetty on the island and call the station to let them know I will open carrying, they still get MWAG calls and send an officer but they know me now and when they show up we talk guns, fishing and issues about officer safety.
If you do it, do it right and it will go without a hitch.
As for printing, the verbage is clear. If the wind blows your shirt open or you are printing under a t shirt, it is the officers discretion as to whether it is unintentional or brandishing.

I had a LEO in Sarasota casually come up and just ask, hey what do you carry. He asked for my permit and we had a nice chat about Glocks and old school revolvers. Leos have a tough gig, respect your rights, but respect them too and you will accomplish more for responsible gun ownership.

Shoot me a pm and I will send you the statutes if you cant find them.
I'm in Jacksonville.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #43

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86

I'm in Jacksonville.
There is a Florida based group called Florida carry, they organize open carry fishing events in Jacksonville. Just check out their schedule

Old 05-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #44

Don't push the open carry issue like Mountainman13 suggest. Do it though your vote and legal channels. Kansas is an open carry State, however if you walking though Lawrence, KS doing so, those lib's will all the police on you as if you had fired the dam thing. Either fight your right in your State or move to one that support's your fancy.
Good luck Brother!

Old 05-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catv785
Don't push the open carry issue like Mountainman13 suggest. Do it though your vote and legal channels. Kansas is an open carry State, however if you walking though Lawrence, KS doing so, those lib's will all the police on you as if you had fired the dam thing. Either fight your right in your State or move to one that support's your fancy.
Good luck Brother!
Thanks man. I have sent emails to my representatives with no reply.lol
I like Florida's laws except this one. But really the reason is when I get off work (armed security) I would like to not have to take my gun off the open holster and put it somewhere else. But ohh well. I really dont get it, we have the some of the most lenient gun laws out there... Except for this.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:17 AM   #46

Yeah that sux but you still have your ankle back up right ?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorwest
Yeah that sux but you still have your ankle back up right ?
Not yet. But I want a ruger lc9 for that

Old 06-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #48

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

[QUOTE="powerstrokin"]The only thing I like about living in Utah is you can OC without a permit.
There is more to Utah than carrying a gun or having multiple wife's (I do not recommend more than one wife; for me, one is more than enough). Southern Utah is one of the most awesome palaces on earth.

If I am standing in line at the 711 and a would be robber comes in, he will have to decide if it's worth it to "shoot me first" because I'm carrying and go from a simple armed robbery to a murder. Think about it people...that's very unlikely. He will most likely see my gun and decide NOT to rob the place at all.

Dude, you're a fool. Carrying a weapon is a tool not an extension of your fantasy...Your mind protects first, use it.

I don't think someone will come up from behind and steal my gun either. How stupid would that be to try and disarm someone who has a deadly weapon? Has it happened, sure probably once or twice. Likely? No

Wrong, you're the first to lose property and/or die.

The tactical advantage IS to OC. Why else would LEO do it? How long does it take you to lift your shirt and get on target? Fumble once in the heat of the moment and then tell me. I keep it at the ready just in case. Thumb break of course. But loaded and no safety. Hope I never have to draw though.

Hands in face...cops "OC" because they are paid to do so! If I can hide my intentions and they can't...who has the advantage? Even my children understand concealed is the correct answer and they are girls. I knew a good officer who was shot in the back of his head because the BG wanted to say hello. You're better...you go ahead and feel good. Give me a break with the OC is best crap.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #49

There is pros and cons with both methods..... I personally believe that if as many people who carried concealed would carry open that would deter a lot of criminals..... Example: BG1- hey bro let's go rob the convenient store...... BG2- WELL in just kinda worried because everytime I go out to a public place I see someone with a gun on their belt....lol

Old 06-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #50

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86

There is pros and cons with both methods..... I personally believe that if as many people who carried concealed would carry open that would deter a lot of criminals..... Example: BG1- hey bro let's go rob the convenient store...... BG2- WELL in just kinda worried because everytime I go out to a public place I see someone with a gun on their belt....lol
Problem with that is idiots that rob convenient stores don't think. Haha.