Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying concealed. can openly show my double mag pouch on my belt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Gh0zt, if you want a South Florida holster you need to look at the Remora.

It's THE only holster that works in a swim suit! A true hot weather holster that carries extremely well and does not require you to dance-with-the-devil to use it.

Remora Holsters

Call Jacqui 239-207-0602 and tell her canebrake said hi.
I agree. I have two remoras.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #32

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Gh0zt, if you want a South Florida holster you need to look at the Remora.

It's THE only holster that works in a swim suit! A true hot weather holster that carries extremely well and does not require you to dance-with-the-devil to use it.

Remora Holsters

Call Jacqui 239-207-0602 and tell her canebrake said hi.
Watch the video I just made if ya got 10 mins or so. that cheap little universal works with 4" Vent heavy WITH 1- 1 1/2 " flash supressor .357 mag or a glock 20 or anything in between. I wear that thing with basketball elastic band shorts , bathing suit or jeans

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 05-16-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #33

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
That's why I love ky, open carry no permit. Permit for CC, not a constitutional carry, but still not shabby.
same as wa, how does loaded firearm in a vehicle work there when open carried? do you have to still have a permit? [i see ky honors wa permit, thats good to know]

Old 05-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #34

The only thing I like about living in Utah is you can OC without a permit. I carry everywhere I can. No one has said anything bad or shied away at all. I've been asked a few times if I'm LEO but that's about it. One guy asked me what the law was, so I informed him. Everyone who has seen me carrying, has seemed to be more polite as am I in return.

If I am standing in line at the 711 and a would be robber comes in, he will have to decide if it's worth it to "shoot me first" because I'm carrying and go from a simple armed robbery to a murder. Think about it people...that's very unlikely. He will most likely see my gun and decide NOT to rob the place at all.

I don't think someone will come up from behind and steal my gun either. How stupid would that be to try and disarm someone who has a deadly weapon? Has it happened, sure probably once or twice. Likely? No.

The tactical advantage IS to OC. Why else would LEO do it? How long does it take you to lift your shirt and get on target? Fumble once in the heat of the moment and then tell me. I keep it at the ready just in case. Thumb break of course. But loaded and no safety. Hope I never have to draw though.

The more people who see OC the less they'll be "afraid" of it. That is how you get people back to being comfortable about seeing law abiding citizens carry. You freaking carry and show it. Keep it hidden and people will freak out when they see an otherwise lawful OC.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Sucks about Florida, OP. I hope you think about what I was trying to say here. Do your research into how often a lawful OC'er gets his gun taken by a random thief lol. Pretty much never. If you're comfortable open carrying and you want to change the law there, then by golly you better be writing some politicians. Don't give up on your rights man.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #35

Open carry just passed and was signed by our Governor here in Oklahoma. There are a lot of people talking about how "neat" it will be to be able to co all the time. I am not in that group. I carry concealed and will keep it that way in public. One nice thing about open carry is now if I accidently flash while reaching for wallet or in Oklahoma winds, I won't get busted. The only time I do carry open is when I am hunting. Then it is on private property. I can't help but think it unnecessarily makes a person a target. The gang bangers holding up a local stop and rob won't hesitate to "pull a cap". Just my 2 cents.

Jerry
MAC US Navy Ret
1972 - 1993

Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

If it comes to the point where many or most people are open carrying, then I may do so sometimes. But I'd have a concealed backup gun too, so if a perp grabs the visible gun I would still have a way to deal with it. But my preference is to keep it concealed so Billy the Kid won't want to challenge me.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #37

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokin
The only thing I like about living in Utah is you can OC without a permit. I carry everywhere I can. No one has said anything bad or shied away at all. I've been asked a few times if I'm LEO but that's about it. One guy asked me what the law was, so I informed him. Everyone who has seen me carrying, has seemed to be more polite as am I in return.

If I am standing in line at the 711 and a would be robber comes in, he will have to decide if it's worth it to "shoot me first" because I'm carrying and go from a simple armed robbery to a murder. Think about it people...that's very unlikely. He will most likely see my gun and decide NOT to rob the place at all.

I don't think someone will come up from behind and steal my gun either. How stupid would that be to try and disarm someone who has a deadly weapon? Has it happened, sure probably once or twice. Likely? No.

The tactical advantage IS to OC. Why else would LEO do it? How long does it take you to lift your shirt and get on target? Fumble once in the heat of the moment and then tell me. I keep it at the ready just in case. Thumb break of course. But loaded and no safety. Hope I never have to draw though.

The more people who see OC the less they'll be "afraid" of it. That is how you get people back to being comfortable about seeing law abiding citizens carry. You freaking carry and show it. Keep it hidden and people will freak out when they see an otherwise lawful OC.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Sucks about Florida, OP. I hope you think about what I was trying to say here. Do your research into how often a lawful OC'er gets his gun taken by a random thief lol. Pretty much never. If you're comfortable open carrying and you want to change the law there, then by golly you better be writing some politicians. Don't give up on your rights man.
Good point. Its just like everything. It has pros and cons.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #38

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In NM, we can open carry. I rarely do, but it's legal. LEO don't know the laws as well as they think they do around here though lol. And it makes Sheeple nervous. I prefer concealed.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #39

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

To the OP, where are you in Florida? There may be open carry events in your area that you take part in.

Open carry is legal while fishing and camping in Florida, check with the chief of police first,make sure he or she understands the statutes and get confirmation that it wont be an issue.

I met with mine and it went well. He had the city attorney on the line to review the statutes, I was pleased to hear that both are in support if my rights.
I go fishing at the jetty on the island and call the station to let them know I will open carrying, they still get MWAG calls and send an officer but they know me now and when they show up we talk guns, fishing and issues about officer safety.
If you do it, do it right and it will go without a hitch.
As for printing, the verbage is clear. If the wind blows your shirt open or you are printing under a t shirt, it is the officers discretion as to whether it is unintentional or brandishing.

I had a LEO in Sarasota casually come up and just ask, hey what do you carry. He asked for my permit and we had a nice chat about Glocks and old school revolvers. Leos have a tough gig, respect your rights, but respect them too and you will accomplish more for responsible gun ownership.

Shoot me a pm and I will send you the statutes if you cant find them.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #40

Liked 91 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I hope you open carry people don't get sued by a justifiable shooting victims family saying you were looking for trouble. It is said in CC you look like a gun freak if you shoot someone with reloads, and is recommend to use a dao so all your shots take a little effort or at least appear that way.