Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carrying concealed. can openly show my double mag pouch on my belt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
IMHO, concealed carry is a good thing. Open carry encourages the "fastest gun in the west" syndrome, or two not-so-bright home-boys trying to outdo each other over who is the "baddest". It can result in idiotic shootings, and subsequent repeal of laws we have all fought for to allow carry for personal protection. Also, if you are open carying and some gang of thugs are looking to rob a business while you are there, guess who is the first person who will be shot.
Carrying the magazines exposed is allowing a "part" of a firearm to be seen, or "brandished". It would make you vulnerable for a big unpleasant surprise. Plus, most people would not be impressed by your apparent I.Q. if you carried that way.
Not to mention I'm sure alot of you have heard the story about that guy that got robbed of his gun while open carrying at gunpoint. Open carry draws undue attention of the bad guy's too. Concealed carry should be a right of the citizens with no permit .

Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5107 Times on 2657 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86 View Post
I am a advocate of open carry. It is not legal in Florida except under certain stipulations. So im forced to carry concealed. So i want to openly carry my safariland dbl magazine pouch openly on my belt. Legal? Input anybody?
other than the tactically unwise idea of displaying a firearm, is there a statute in florida about allowing your gun to "print"?? if so the carrying mags openly might be used against you by a lefty cop and DA

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 6

My only question to the OP is why would you want to? I don't want ANYONE To know I'm carrying. Don't want/need the hassle, the questions, plus you're carrying for protection of yourself and others so why advertise the fact? Keep it on the down low.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You'll be the first guy gunned down when the gang bangers come rollin in. Look I get it open carry I don't agree with it unless your a leo.simply because it's an advertisement that most Americans are afraid of. They should not be but they are. Guns are evil to the majority of America I live in a metro area and I can open carry but never would, id just be asking for trouble.

I guess it depends on where you live but until this country stops fearing firearms I won't open carry.

I carry deep.

Last edited by CipsterX; 05-15-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #25

Liked 1629 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

I live in Colorado. We allow open carry. But the only time I open carry is in the woods. I prefer the element of surprise. At over 6' 2" and 220 Lbs I am enough of a target already. Showing my gun ahead of time is like saying, "Hey, over here...shoot me first!"

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #26

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

I appreciate all of your suggestions & comments. I did not think of alot of those points made. You guys have helped me change my mind.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #27

Liked 257 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
other than the tactically unwise idea of displaying a firearm, is there a statute in florida about allowing your gun to "print"?? if so the carrying mags openly might be used against you by a lefty cop and DA
I know printing USED to be illegal . But I heard because its so warm most of the year and people mostly wear t-shirts ect. Its no longer illegal but If a leo see's you printing you'll probably get stopped and check for CWP but no tickets or jail anymore. But I found an AWESOME 30.00 universal leather IWB / OWB via clip on one side and belt slots on the other that I have been carrying @ 12-1 O'clock and its REALLY brought the profile of the weapon down.

Best part is I can carry my Dan Wesson .357 magnum AND my glock 20 with no adjustments or modifications of any kind. Just one goes out the other goes in.

.357 mag prints just a bit but you really gotta be looking for it and if in black tshirt its not visible at all .

Glock 20 you cant see ever with this holster no matter what you're wearing. Ive been meaning to do a quick youtube video on it because its such an unexpectedly excellent holster. ill go do the video now and post when im done.

Who knew. Cheap little leather universal holster blows my 90-100.00 mtac comptac IWB hybrid out of the water in both printing AND comfort!!

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 05-16-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #28

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
I live in Florida also, and no you cannot open carry your mag pouches. Why would you want to? All you would accomplish is alerting averyone to the fact that you carry concealed, kinda defeats the purpose IMO.
DITTO-
Input- You want to show everyone you have a gun========Thats it............

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #29

Liked 78 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Open carry? You still can be held up and addition to the Rolex you are showing off, they'll take your gun too, and you'll be lucky if you don't get shot first.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #30

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
I know printing USED to be illegal . But I heard because its so warm most of the year and people mostly wear t-shirts ect. Its no longer illegal but If a leo see's you printing you'll probably get stopped and check for CWP but no tickets or jail anymore. But I found an AWESOME 30.00 universal leather IWB / OWB via clip on one side and belt slots on the other that I have been carrying @ 12-1 O'clock and its REALLY brought the profile of the weapon down.

Best part is I can carry my Dan Wesson .357 magnum AND my glock 20 with no adjustments or modifications of any kind. Just one goes out the other goes in.

.357 mag prints just a bit but you really gotta be looking for it and if in black tshirt its not visible at all .

Glock 20 you cant see ever with this holster no matter what you're wearing. Ive been meaning to do a quick youtube video on it because its such an unexpectedly excellent holster. ill go do the video now and post when im done.

Who knew. Cheap little leather universal holster blows my 90-100.00 mtac comptac IWB hybrid out of the water in both printing AND comfort!!
Gh0zt, if you want a South Florida holster you need to look at the Remora.

It's THE only holster that works in a swim suit! A true hot weather holster that carries extremely well and does not require you to dance-with-the-devil to use it.

Remora Holsters

Call Jacqui 239-207-0602 and tell her canebrake said hi.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello