Carrying in Bars? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying in Bars?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

In NC you can not conceal carry in any place that sells and consumes alcohol.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I rarely go to bars. Reason one, I can go buy booze at the store and bring it home for hell of alot cheaper, Reason two, my friends arnt bar hoppers either, and of course the final reason, No carrying allowed in bars in my state...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I would, but guess what... MA prohibits carrying under the influence. Up to 2.5 years in prison and the conviction also automatically invalidates your license to own or carry firearms.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Guns, alcohol and it's effect to release and relax suppressed inhibitions may become a problem and result in doing something careless one would not do with a clear mind.

It is best to not carry and drink, one could always utilize other self-defensive skills, if it becomes necessary. YMMV

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #15

I don't think alcohol and gun powder should mix, now if you were sitting in a restaurant that also served food and you were there for dinner , i see no problem with that.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #16

Default Alcohol and Guns

I can see both sides of the argument. I mean, if a fight breaks out (that I'm not involved in...), I'd rather be the guy who's near the door...but if I can't be, I hope no one else who is carrying makes a bad decision because I go to the bar to get drunk, so I don't even bring a car, let alone a gun.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9417 Times on 4058 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Don't drink any more (Diabetes does that to you)

Back in the day, if I was, I did not (carry)

Have one local restaurant where I will open carry- blued model 36, Hogue grips, black holster- wearing dark slacks, you don't see it- and local LEOs eat there, so sorta blends in. If I were going out to a club, drinking or not, I would not carry.

Did not USED to be agaisnt the law here in VA, and they are trying to change the law back, but if the place serves alcohol, you can't, whether you are drinking or not.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #18

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Not nessarily bars, but restaurants that serve alcohol.

restaurantcarrymap.png  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
I would, but guess what... MA prohibits carrying under the influence. Up to 2.5 years in prison and the conviction also automatically invalidates your license to own or carry firearms.
That's pretty bad. An Army buddy of mine was OC, legally intoxicated, walking down a main street with a case of beer over his shoulder.

He got arrested for public intox, but was released the next day gun and all. One night in the drunk tank, and that was it.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #20

In michigan the standard is 50% of income of the establishment has to come from the sale of booze. So Applebees is ok...the local meat market booty bar not ok