Carrying in Bars? - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying in Bars?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebiker1 View Post
Not that it makes much difference but please keep in mind that Hispanic is not a race. Hispanics are white, black, yellow, mixed, etc. Hispanics share a common language but not a common race.
Yes...I understand this. I didn't invent HIBOW, but I DID have to use it. It spoke to ethnic appearance, not specific lineage. Try calling a person of japanese heritage "oriental"....you might get hurt. BUT....the system did give us a "general descriptive" model to work with.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #112

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bars in my area are pistol free zones. When I go into a "pistol free" zone, I take the slide and barrel off of the frame and leave the frame and (sometimes) the mags in the car. I refuse to leave a gun in the car for goons to steal and use in a crime. But, I also want my gun with me whenever I can have it. This solution allows me to carry always and enter P.F. zones. The slide and barrel are pretty easy to take with me. I recently went to a hospital to visit my wife's uncle. I just dropped them into a plastic grocery bag and then dropped it into another bag. Carried it in like a couple of books.
If a goon does take my gun (frame), he most likely won't be able to get a slide for it. So even though he took it, at least it won't be used in a crime.

Last edited by Ceapea; 10-15-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #113

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carried into one of my neighborhood dive bars this morning. I really think it depends on the situation. I know this place is a bar but it also serves killer breakfast food. I just got my permit 4 days ago. The bar isn't in a bad neighborhood, and they were serving alcohol to some rowdy dudes at the bar that were there for the 10AM college football games. When my girlfriend and I were eating I was thinking about what sort of situation could happen. Think about the salon down in California. At this bar, similar to many like it there are a lot of women working. They have tons of regulars and their boyfriends and coworkers come in to eat. What if some a hole ex-husband or exboyfriend decides to come shoot the place up while his poor ex is working the tables. So, yeah, I'm not much of a drinker. If I go into any place like that it is usually because they have good food and good deals. Nice greasy meal to start the day off right. Now, if I was going to drink and get drunk, which I do seldomly, but still do, I wouldnt be carrying. But most of my buddies carry and if we're getting hammered there is always a designated driver.

"Blast if I have to." - EA Ski

Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #114

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Here in texas you CANNOT bring your gun in a bar. Sucks but thats the way it is.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #115

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
In michigan the standard is 50% of income of the establishment has to come from the sale of booze. So Applebees is ok...the local meat market booty bar not ok
Yeah im in the same boat. If i do drink its usally at home. But if i do find myself going out to a bar or anywhere that serves booze i just put it away in the glovebox or trunk depending.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 10-17-2011, 05:06 AM   #116

Here in Nevada I carry in bars because they have some of the best food and it's legal to do so. While I never drink and carry, it is technically legal to carry and drink so as long as you don't have a Blood Alcohol Content over 0.8.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #117

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

In indiana i carry everywhere im legal to which includes resturants that serve alcohol, not sure about bars tho cause the site i looked on didnt say anything about bars but im not a bar hopper anyways.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380