Carrying Advice?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carrying Advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Carrying Advice?

Okay so I have a Glock 26 and I'm looking for advice on how I should carry.

Here's the problem.....

I'm a pretty slender/athletic female. I'm 5"3 and 110 lbs. My clothing style varies from shorts and tank tops, tighter fitted jeans and regular t-shirts, occasionally some dresses.

Any help would be great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Welcome aboard! Please swing over to our introductions thread and tell us about yourself.

I carry a G26 in a couple of ways.

Standard cargo shorts in the front pocket inside an Uncle Mikes pocket liner.
Inside the waistband holster, underneath a standard T shirt.

I can't help with the shorts and tank top, though.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #3

purse or ankle rig, you style of dress doesn't leave much in the way of options.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Swing by the intoduction thread. Lots of good information here, the more you share the more we can help you.

IWB holster would work the best IMO, might have to wear cover up shirt or jacket. All the same personal protection often has to give a little fashion. Ankle holsters are good for nothing than a back up pistol. It is the furtherest distance from your hand than any other poinit on the body

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:25 AM   #5

I gotta disagree with purse or ankle carry. What will you do if someone takes your purse? How much stuff is in the purse that could get in the way of getting your weapon?

Ankle carry...perfect time to knee you in the face when you bend over to get it. Or sweep your legs from under you if you lift the leg up to get the weapon.

Google "thunderwear" that may be an option for you.

Also, take a look at this video and others from the same woman that posted this. She has some good methods.

Something to think about is appendix carry....or carry the gun around your crotch area. There are many comfortable, and barley noticeable holsters for it.

Last edited by gruntpain1775; 04-24-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Jay

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

Mode of carry is HIGHLY subjective. Many purses are designed for gun carry. They have holsters sewn in, and you can simply shoot thru the purse... no need to "draw". Purse carry requires more situational awareness to insure that nobody grabs your purse and steals it, or uses it as a means to whack you up against a building.

Inquire locally and find a local gun dealer, or gun club that can steer you towards females that carry. Until then, Check out this web site. Pax has put together an excellent resource regarding ladies and firearms.

Cornered Cat - Concealed Carry for the Fashionable Woman

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Last edited by Jay; 04-24-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #7

I think you might find that you'll just have to modify your clothing style. Gotta dress around the gun

Ruger Mark II 50th Anniversary .22lr
Sears & Roebuck .22lr
1943 Mosin-Nagant M91/30

In the family:
Springfield Loaded 1911 .45 ACP
S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum
FN Herstal FNX 40

Old 05-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #8

Default Fanny pack

My wife is about the same size.
She has two different Fanny packs, both Gun fanny packs with built in holsters, room for mags, keys, ID etc.
One small for when she runs, J model Smith .38
One large for her 1911 .45 which she keeps in her truck at all times.
She runs with the small pack, not too heavy.
Welcome.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would recommend IWB up front as well, if you just want to wear a T-shirt. A good holster should keep it hidden well enough.

If you are willing to wear a vest or jacket over it, then IWB at the ~8 or ~4:00 position (basically, behind either hip) might be more comfortable and hide a bit better.

The thigh holster idea looks extremely effective, though. Plus you get the benefit of being the sexy Hollywood action chick :P .

Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
I would recommend IWB up front as well, if you just want to wear a T-shirt. A good holster should keep it hidden well enough.

The thigh holster idea looks extremely effective, though. Plus you get the benefit of being the sexy Hollywood action chick :P .
Me thinks it works only well for bowlegged chicks.